Mechanical Engineering Project Lead - Mesa, AZ - Req. #52
Join an Award-Winning Company
Throughout its 20-year history, Eclipse Automation is proud to have earned several awards of distinction. Among them are awards for best managed companies, awards celebrating dynamic and successful businesses, and awards for supporting community. Every one of them has been an honor and, most importantly, a reflection of our commitment to our core values.
What’s In It for YOU?
The Eclipse team is 900+ strong, working out of 17 locations across 5 countries and 3 continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. That’s why we ensure that they’re taken care of with comprehensive benefit packages that support the growth and well-being along with many additional perks such as:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free Snacks, Employee Events
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Career Development & International Exchange
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move awaits!
Eclipse Automation Southwest is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Project Lead for our growing engineering division in Mesa, AZ. Our Engineering Teams help bring our ideas to life. Innovators and reinventors, their know-how is unparalleled, and their endless drive keeps them striving for excellence.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineering Project Lead will work directly with Mechanical Design Lead and Design teams to ensure projects are met on budget. The successful incumbent will have a proven background within design engineering, combined with prior team leadership experience.
Great opportunity to be a part of an innovative team, offering the chance to work on exciting projects, competitive compensation, including paid overtime after 40 hours, comprehensive benefits, and future career growth advancement!
The Mechanical Engineering Project Lead job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Review as-sold quotes, projected hours, build standards and provide feedback to Project Managers as needed
- Assist in preparing customer documentation, updating risk registry, budget projections, engineering progress plan, I/O lists on a weekly basis
- Support with RFIs, customer communications, system safety requirements, vendor management as required
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes and products
- Formalize and update drawing documentation
- Communicate all requested design changes to the Applications Manager
- Examine feasibility of using one or more machines to carry out sequential operations
- Produce working drawings, detail drawings and bills of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies or product using Auto CAD and SolidWorks
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
- Liaise with vendors for technical information and specifications
- Responsible for communicating progress on tasks to supervising designer
- Create drawings of existing tooling through the use of precision measuring devices such as verniers and micrometers
- Liaise with fabricators, machinists, toolmakers and electricians in the completion of equipment and resolving problems
- Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier locations is less than 15% of time, however, may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs
- Successful completion of either a University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Robotics Automation Technology or equivalent experience
- Preferably 5-7 years’ of related work experience
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Experience in an automation environment will be considered an asset
- Must have thorough knowledge of drafting principles
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Must be capable of designing tooling from sketches or verbal concepts
- An understanding of the use of pneumatics and hydraulics
- An understanding of the use of electrical devices (i.e. switches, load cells, LVDT’s etc.)
Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients, and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $48.00
- Max Hiring Rate $58.00
- Mesa, AZ, USA