Mechanical Designer - Stratford, ON
Location: Stratford, ON (Onsite)
Hourly Pay: $32.00 - $42.00 per hour
It’s an Exciting Time at Eclipse
Eclipse Automation is now part of Accenture Industry X, and together we will design and build the future in unprecedented ways! For over 20 years, Eclipse has provided leading-edge automation solutions, and now we are able to increase the scale of our expertise by being a part of the Accenture family.
What’s In It for YOU?
The Eclipse team is 900+ strong, working out of 17 locations across 5 countries and 3 continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. That’s why we ensure that they’re taken care of with comprehensive benefit packages that support the growth and well-being along with many additional perks such as:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Employee Gym, Free Snacks, Employee Events
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Career Development & International Exchange
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move awaits!
Eclipse Automation is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our Engineering Team in Stratford, ON. Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor, the Mechanical Designer will work directly with Mechanical Design Lead and Design teams to ensure projects are met on budget.
Our Engineering Teams push possibilities and turn passion into world-class products to help our customers reach their ultimate potential. Innovators and reinventors, their know-how is unparalleled, and their endless drive keeps them striving for excellence.
The Mechanical Designer job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes, and products
- Examine feasibility of using one or more machines to carry out sequential operations
- Produce working drawings, detail drawings and bills of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies or product using Auto CAD and SolidWorks
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
- Liaise with vendors for technical information and specifications
- Communicate all requested design changes to the Applications Manager
- Responsible for communicating progress on tasks to supervising designer
- Formalize and update drawing documentation
- Create drawings of existing tooling through the use of precision measuring devices such as verniers and micrometers
- Liaise with fabricators, machinists, toolmakers and electricians in the completion of equipment and resolving problems
- Assist in preparing customer documentation
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Successful completion of either a University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Robotics Automation Technology
- Minimum 5+ years' Mechanical Design experience in a custom automation environment needed
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must have thorough knowledge of drafting principles
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Must be capable of designing tooling from sketches or verbal concepts
- An understanding of the use of pneumatics and hydraulics
- An understanding of the use of electrical devices (i.e. switches, load cells, LVDT’s etc.)
What We’ve Won
In 2021, Eclipse Automation was named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh consecutive year by Deloitte – and that makes us a Platinum member. It’s a prestigious designation that we’re thrilled to uphold. We’re also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award, celebrating Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients, and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $32.00
- Max Hiring Rate $42.00
- 658 Erie St, Stratford, ON N5A 2P1, Canada