Custom Software Developer (Contractor)
United States Req #656
22 September 2023
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Research and analyze assigned projects to determine what is required to complete the customer’s request successfully.
- Provide detailed estimates for projects based on client-provided technical and functional requirements.
- Ensure estimates of time and cost are as accurate as possible and projects are completed to our quality standards, on time, and within budget.
- Design and code custom web applications and/or report changes.
- Thoroughly test and review each completed project for 100% accuracy.
- Record tasks, time, and communication directly related to each custom project.
- Provide exceptional level of customer service for the customer and communicate with the customer directly as needed throughout the process of any project.
- Learn new software and technologies as needed to maintain technical skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL (MariaDB) Knowledge (for database & queries)
- .NET MVC Framework Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Git Source Code Control Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Stimulsoft Reports Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding time management skills including the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detailed and well-organized written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including communication, teaching, active listening, and customer service
- Able to work as a team player and/or individual contributor internally and externally
- Must be US based
You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
In addition to our competitive salary and award winning culture, we offer an excellent benefit package. We even offer our employees a day off to serve their community! Our company core values are our “CODE”: Crave Greatness, Own the Outcome, Deliver Awesome and Embrace Community.
- Job Family Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States