.Net Web Developer
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
At ECI our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. Our award-winning software solutions help these businesses to grow and compete. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- ECI has been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Our culture of recognition also provides every employee with a monthly budget to recognise and reward colleagues for the great quality of work they produce and for supporting our Mission and Core Values and we believe strongly in technology, service, training, and support. In the past year, every ECI employee has received an average of 30+ hours of Professional Development. Through our Learning and Development platform, our employees have access to more than 16,000 courses of continuous educational opportunities.
We are seeking a highly skilled .NET web developer to join our team and take on a vital role in our migration project from desktop to web. As part of our UK development team, you will be responsible for supporting our legacy codebase (web, API, and services) and helping the team migrate our existing desktop application to a web solution.
This is a unique opportunity to work on exciting projects and make a meaningful impact on our technology and architecture so if you have a strong background in web development and a passion for creating user-friendly, high-quality applications we would love to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain applications using the .NET framework, C#, and ASP.NET
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code using best practices
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop technical solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug code as needed
- Stay up to date with new web technologies and programming languages
- Strong knowledge of the .NET framework, C#, and ASP.NET
- Experience with database development, specifically with Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of web development best practices, such as security and performance optimization
- Experience with web development frameworks, such as MVC and Web API
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks and projects
- Good communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience with unit testing principles and best practices desirable
- Experience with Blazor, building interactive client-side web applications using C# desirable
This role can be based from anywhere in the UK as long as you are able to travel to our UK office in Lincoln for training and meetings as necessary.
The successful applicant must also be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
ECI is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Job Family Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Grantham, UK
- Lincoln, UK
- Nottingham, UK
- Sheffield, UK
- Stamford PE9, UK
- United Kingdom