Management Consultant- (Senior Child Welfare Practitioner/Leader) East_US
Applicants must be willing to travel as needed.
Public Knowledge® is a national management consulting firm that helps government agencies solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We do this by providing planning, procurement, and implementation services. Most of our work is in Health and Human Services. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com. The GLI® Group has acquired Public Knowledge®, which provides Public Knowledge® with the financial backing and infrastructure of a larger company.
Inclusion is a core value of Public Knowledge®. We value and seek to create a more diverse workforce. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, people with different sexual orientations, people with lived expertise, and other diverse people to apply. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace that highlights the diversity in all of us and our experiences.
The Management Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of in-person and virtual services to a variety of human services jurisdictions (public and private). This position will contribute to the development of project deliverables and participate in client strategy and engagement. Additional responsibilities may include project management.
A successful Management Consultant for Child Welfare, Aging, or Human Services will demonstrate, and model experience, skills and knowledge related to:
Facilitate in-person and virtual engagements with clients and partners to support consensus building, planning, and decision -making related to opportunities, recommendations, and/or, solutions
· Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive the solution-based decision making and task planning:
o Quantitative research methodologies include data mining and other system assessments, and analysis.
o Qualitative research methodologies include performing focus-groups, interviews, document reviews, internet research, and other business intelligence
· Consolidate findings from the analysis and present solutions to the colleagues and clients
· Assess system and organizational structures, procedures, processes, and resource utilization.
· Advise and guide clients, system leaders, project points of contact and other relevant partners.
· Design and implement solution-focused proposals, task plans as well as coaching and training methodologies.
· Document processes and prepare project status reports.
Organizational Consultant Requirements:
· At least ten years experience leading a child welfare, aging, or human services jurisdiction/agency or a substantial operation.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
· Superb leadership and collaboration abilities.
· Extensive experience in skills development and capacity building initiatives.
· Proficiency in office and business administration software.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Project management experience preferred.
- Organizational change management experience preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Human Services at the local, state, tribal and/or federal government level
- Must have ability to lead the application of analytic techniques and assist in defining the project objectives, methodologies, and principles.
- Must have experience performing a wide variety of analytical tasks with the continuous improvement of processes, personnel, organization, system, or training.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong work relationships
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Must have demonstrated life-long learning skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability and willingness to travel (reasonable travel will be required)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with officials at all levels in government and industry
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
- Must demonstrate writing proficiency (proposals, reports, and research) and experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, work independently and as part of a team
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (Per Year)
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan with 100% match up to 3% of your salary
- Anniversary Reward Bonus
In accordance with PK's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace during the pandemic, we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated with a Coronavirus vaccine. You will be asked to show proof of vaccination prior to your start date.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply online on our website and include an introduction to yourself and your qualifications.
This job post should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Salary
- Arkansas, USA
- Kansas, USA
- Kentucky, USA
- New York, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Virginia, USA
- West Virginia, USA