Senior Software Engineer (.NET )
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Years of Experience: 6 to 10 years
Location: Chennai One (IT Park) - Thoraipakkam
OEC provides high-quality technology solutions to automakers and their franchised dealers which facilitate the sale of Original Equipment (OE) replacement parts. Using advanced, leading technology, OEC in the past 20 years, has extended this mission by providing constant support for over 50 international auto brands, and more than 150,000 dealership and repair customers worldwide, being now a leader in the segment of the automotive market through continued innovation and subject matter expertise.
We power connections to keep our world up and running. OEC is the leading technology provider for the automotive aftersales industry, creating networks that support manufacturers, dealers, repairers, and insurers to allow our connected customers and vehicle owners to thrive.
About the role .NET Developer:
We are looking for talented .NET developers who will develop effective information technology solutions for OEC by creating new or enhancing existing internal or customer applications. Applies solid and fundamental concepts of software programming and application development methodology in a team environment. Determines programming solutions by analyzing business and functional requirements and technical specifications.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs code development, product design, and programming activities requiring business, functional, and systems research and analysis. Designs, implements, and/or maintains product modules or sub-systems.
- Adheres to set production processes and follows scheduled plans and timelines utilizing established programming/development guidelines to meet key activity goals.
- Leverages existing code or utilities and seeks opportunities for reuse.
- Demonstrates problem-solving relating to code, documentation, and recurring problems and individually or as a team member resolves issues.
- Offers production support as aligned with service level agreements. Participates in post-production support.
- Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Care, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
- Executes test procedures according to test plan and identifies problems; performs unit and integration testing for functionality and limits; performs bug verification, release testing, and support for assigned products.
- Writes module-level implementation and test specifications; tracks key activities.
- Participates in product deploys.
- Estimates development changes and ensures all stakeholders are apprised of the effort and duration of each development task.
- Fulfills assigned commitment relating to assigned projects and project management
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ Years of experience working in C#, .Net, .Net Framework 4.5 or greater (C#), ASP .Net Core (C#), MVC, MS SQL, Web application development, and API integration.
- Hands-on experience on Vue.js is an added advantage
- Experience utilizing Git repositories.
- Solid experience in relational databases and writing SQL queries, preferably with SQL Server.
- Experience with distributed systems in an SOA environment.
- Solid understanding and utilization of OOD principle.
Perks and Benefits:
- Relaxed, safe, friendly work atmosphere and flexible working patterns
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Retiral benefits, Employee referral bonus, Annual Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Access to online courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Group Medical Insurance
- Sodexo food coupon
- Hybrid work model
What Makes Working at OEC Awesome?
We have a new OEC Technology Centre of Excellence in Chennai, India! Our team is beyond thrilled to work with the new office, but we’re even more excited for the innovation and creativity that this living space will certainly inspire! We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. OEC India has been selected as one of the ‘Top 25 Safest Workplaces in India’ by KelpHR.
OEC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Pallavaram Ring Road, Channai 1 Etc Tower, Pallavaram-Thuraipakkam Rd, MCN Nagar Extension, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097, India