Technical Manager (.Net)
Job Title: Technical Manager (.Net)
Years of Experience: 12 to 18 years
Location: Chennai One (IT Park) - Thoraipakkam
OEC provides high-quality technology solutions to automakers and their franchised dealers which facilitate the sale of Original Equipment (OE) replacement parts. Using advanced, leading technology, OEC in the past 20 years, has extended this mission by providing constant support for over 50 international auto brands, and more than 150,000 dealership and repair customers worldwide, being now a leader in the segment of the automotive market through continued innovation and subject matter expertise.
We power connections to keep our world up and running. OEC is the leading technology provider for the automotive aftersales industry, creating networks that support manufacturers, dealers, repairers, and insurers to allow our connected customers and vehicle owners to thrive.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Hands-on manager who can understand requirements, review designs and come up with estimates working closely with the architects and the team. This requires prior experience working as a developer on .Net, Angular and DB technologies in a client-server or Cloud environment.
- Based on estimates, define timelines, monitor objectives, budget, workload, resources and target date variances, and keep projects on track.
- Should be well versed with Agile and ensure all Scrum ceremonies are done with a clear purpose, follow up and retrospective.
- Communicates with cross-functional arms across the globe to regularly receive feedback and evaluate and identify alternative technical application solutions.
- Should have experience working with multi-national people in Europe and US.
- Researches the technologies involved and understands the market requirements for a product or products, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Suggests technical approaches to projects to the director and other management members.
- Should be well-versed within ageing shifting project priorities. Suspends and resumes activities as priorities shift and quantify when contingency planning is needed. Work closely with team to reduce risk and manage employee expectations in such scenarios.
- Serves as primary liaison between Information Technology and other departments within OEConnection for specified projects and products to achieve BU goals.
- Coordinates problem verification and resolution, release testing, and support for assigned products. Leads the team (internal) and client (external) meetings to set expectations, review timelines and goals, and delegate project responsibility.
- Manages a team of software engineers; builds a positive and encouraging relationship with each individual in the team.
- Trains and develops staff to achieve departmental objectives which assists in the company’s growth and the associate’s career development. Provides feedback on performance through both informal and formal review sessions.
- Assists the director with departmental budget as well as strategic and functional plans.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- A total of 12-18 years of software industry experience.
- At least 6-7 years of prior hands-on software development experience with a substantial focus on Application development with strong Database skills.
- Prior experience in either a project or team lead role with a proven track record of coaching, training and developing direct reports.
- Excellent analytical and design skills and strong problem-solving skills when working with applications, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills when working with clients, management, OEC departments and direct reports.
- A demonstrated ability to understand the client, as well as business requirements to provide alternative technical solutions.
- Requires a trough technical knowledge of software development methodologies, design, and implementation. Solid project planning skills with the ability to effectively suspend and resume activities as priorities shift.
Perks and Benefits:
- Relaxed, safe, friendly work atmosphere and flexible working patterns
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Retiral benefits, Employee referral bonus, Annual Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Access to online courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Group Medical Insurance
- Sodexo food coupon
- Hybrid work model
What Makes Working at OEC Awesome?
We have a new OEC Technology Centre of Excellence in Chennai, India! Our team is beyond thrilled to work with the new office, but we’re even more excited for the innovation and creativity that this living space will certainly inspire! We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. OEC India has been selected as one of the ‘Top 25 Safest Workplaces in India’ by KelpHR.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Pallavaram Ring Road, Channai 1 Etc Tower, Pallavaram-Thuraipakkam Rd, MCN Nagar Extension, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097, India