Senior Software Engineer (Java & SQL)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Java and SQL)
Years of Experience: 6 to 10 years
Location: Chennai One (IT Park) - Thoraipakkam
We power connections to keep our world up and running. OEC is the leading technology provider for the automotive aftersales industry, creating networks that support manufacturers, dealers, repairers, and insurers to allow our connected customers and vehicle owners to thrive.
About the role - JAVA Developer:
We are looking for talented JAVA developers who will develop effective information technology solutions for OEC by creating new or enhancing internal or customer applications. Applies solid and fundamental concepts of software programming and application development methodology in a team environment. Determines programming solutions by analyzing business and functional requirements and technical specifications.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs code development, product design, and programming activities requiring business, functional, and systems research and analysis. Designs, implements, and/or maintains product modules or sub-systems.
- Adheres to set production processes and follows scheduled plans and timelines utilizing established programming/development guidelines to meet key activity goals.
- Leverages existing code or utilities and seeks opportunities for reuse.
- Demonstrates problem-solving relating to code, documentation, and recurring problems and
- Resolves issues individually or as a team member.
- Offers production support as aligned with service level agreements. Participates in post-production support.
- Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Care, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
- Executes test procedures according to test plan and identifies problems; performs unit and integration testing for functionality and limits; performs bug verification, release testing, and support for assigned products.
- Writes module-level implementation and test specifications; tracks key activities.
- Participates in product deploys.
- Estimates development changes and ensures all stakeholders are apprised of the effort and duration of each development task.
- Fulfills assigned commitment relating to assigned projects and project management.
- Generates accurate code for new or existing models/routines or complex redesigns.
- Assists with monitoring, maintaining, and developing QA environments.
- Reviews test cases/plans and assists with migration contingency plans.
- Reports on project management milestones and works with or escalates issues to the senior level.
- Performs system analysis and design.
- Provides technical leadership to development teams through SDLC of large, complex projects.
- Assists architectural design of major/strategic projects and recommends technical performance improvements.
- Serves as primary contact for deploys regularly.
- Leads coding concept discussions and promotes reuse opportunities as appropriate.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+Years of experience working in Java (version >= 8),REST services with Spring, Spring framework,
- Microsoft SQL
- Candidates with strong Database Design Skills, DB performance tuning, SQL scripting, Stored Procs, ETL process
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Group Medical Insurance
- Sodexo food coupon
- Collaborative workspace
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
What Makes Working at OEC Awesome?
We have a new OEC Technology Center of Excellence in Chennai, India! Our team is beyond thrilled to work with the new office, but we’re even more excited for the innovation and creativity that this living space will certainly inspire ! We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do.
OEC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Pallavaram Ring Road, Channai 1 Etc Tower, Pallavaram-Thuraipakkam Rd, MCN Nagar Extension, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097, India