Senior Accountant - FIN - Controllers
Job Title: Staff Accountant
About us: Accuris, a company long-known for accelerating innovation in engineering workflows and supporting the vibrancy of the engineering community, launched in May 2023 as a standalone company. Accuris was formerly known as S&P Global’s Engineering Solutions division. The Company is valued for its standards content and workflow solutions like Engineering Workbench, Goldfire, Haystack and Parts Management Solutions.
Under its previous owners, including S&P Global, IHS and IHS Markit, Accuris has been an integral part of the engineering ecosystem for more than 60 years.
In this role, you will help with a variety of general ledger focused tasks, including journal entries, reconciliations, and month end close. The right fit for this role will have 3-5+ years of GL experience and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Assist with all aspects of the month end close
- Create and post recurring and adjusting journal entries
- Completing account reconciliations and providing variance analysis
- Maintain details of fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and software development costs
- Collaborating among departments to share accounting data and improve efficiencies.
What We’re Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to handling all things general ledger including monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, month-end close and variance analysis.
- Proficient use of Excel
- Experience with ERP systems
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Degree in Accounting
Remote work statement:
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work
flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually
possible. Please talk to your recruiter about the type of arrangement that is best for
The Location: Englewood, CO Hybrid/in-office
Accuris states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $65,000 to $89,500. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual’s geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here. (https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us)
Accuris delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. We think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. (https://www.spglobal.com/engineering/en/index.html)
Our mission: build an evolvable knowledge and data platform that enables STEM professionals to unlock and deliver innovation to the world’s most complex problems.
- Job Family Finance Transaction Processing
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, September 25, 2023
- Colorado, USA