HR Specialist (Payroll&Ben admin)
- Liaise with corporate Payroll team for payroll processing and various payroll admin.
- HR and payroll system data entry & maintenance to ensure the accuracy.
- Payroll set up and updates for New Hires, Incumbents, Separations and Transfers etc.
- Prepare reporting ie make up days, sick days, vacation, attendance.
- Reconcile various payroll accounts ie Pension, Union Dues, Employee Receivable.
- Respond to payroll queries within a timely manner and initiate manual payments when necessary.
- Conduct year-end processes – ie. taxable benefit calculations, pension adjustments and vacation rate update.
- Prepare and submit contribution files to third parties prior to set deadlines.
- Responsible for hourly payroll annual budgeting.
- Update contract rates in systems before they take effect via communication with corporate payroll/HR
- Other tasks related to payroll coordination as required.
BENEFITS AND PENSION
- Update in HR and benefits carrier systems with new enrolments, separations, transfers, status/rate changes and other requirements.
- Coordinate and process pension enrolments and changes; preparing related documents & data entry in system.
- Respond to inquiries from Associates pertaining to insurance coverage and pension plan.
- Assist associates submitting disability claims. Submit employer forms and follow up the approval.
- Follow up sick leave and disability leave, request for associate medical report if needed.
- Administrate various site-specific benefit programs as defined.
- Other tasks as assigned.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- WSIB claims administration (i.e., submission of various forms and reporting).
- Effectively manage short-term and long-term disability claims by proactively communicating with disabled employees, insurance carriers and medical professionals if needed.
- Organize regular absenteeism review with the management team.
- Act as the Return-to-Work program coordinator.
This position will also be responsible for hourly associates recruiting and onboarding activities such as advertising job openings, screening applicants, conducting interviews, creating offer of employment and new hire orientation.
- Administrative responsibilities include creation and maintenance of Associate files, completion of various types of employment documentation; monthly headcount statistics; employee badge/door access/HRIS access admin etc.
- Retain records on employee attendance, vacations, separations and other leaves. Follow record retention guidelines. Record and store documents in designated place.
- Coordinate engagement/social activities.
- Coordinate service awards program.
- Provide reports and data as needed.
- File ROE as needed.
Preferable Position Requirements:
Education / Experience:
- College degree preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll experience, preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment;
- Completion of college or other courses in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll administration or experience as a financial clerk is required;
- Payroll association certification is an asset;
- Experience with HRIS will be an asset; Specifically, Ceridian Dayforce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated tact and sound judgment when responding to matters concerning sensitive information;
- Strong understanding of payroll best practices;
- Self-starter, well-organized, highly efficient, and professional;
- Ability to manage high pressure and multiple projects at the same time;
- Positive attitude and team player, accountable, willing to learn and fast to proceed;
- Ability to organize time to meet various deadlines;
- Attention to details and keen problem-solving skills;
- Strong computer skills (i.e., Microsoft office and HRIS);
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Kanata, Ottawa, ON, Canada