Skin Care Senior Trainer
The Senior Trainer is the primary client team trainer who has overall responsibility for all representative training. The Senior Trainer develops, reviews and delivers training modules, including quality communication monitoring, products, systems, processes and procedures, customer service, and specialty topics. Training modules will be reviewed and approved by client staff during a determined schedule. The Senior Trainer evaluates program outcomes and applies updates and changes to meet ongoing business needs. The Senior Trainer serves as the primary trainer for the team and works directly with the client brand manager and client training staff prior to the launch of new processes, products and/or product extensions and then trains the team. The expectation is to work with Training Team Lead and assess training effectiveness and to implement new training techniques and processes as appropriate to keep training engaging and effective. This position is responsible for working with team leaders to meet and exceed client/partner goals and target metrics and provide direction to the Team Leaders regarding coaching style and delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibility
Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete all New Hire Training courses with the required level of competency to become qualified to deliver training programs.
- Provide instructor-led New Hire Training, Continuous Education Training, and Market Event programs per client business unit applying adult learning theory to presentations and delivery.
- Deliver training programs to part-time and full-time employees during day, evening and weekend hours to meet business needs.
- Review all operational documents, demonstrate expertise in standards and processes, and incorporate ongoing updates to training presentations.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Training Alerts and Job Aides for the team tasks and job roles; support written communication for program events, team announcements and marketing brochures.
- Review, develop and implement assessments, evaluations and certifications associated with training modules.
- Ensure all training records are complete and accurate.
- Work directly with Client Liaisons, Program Director, and Team Leaders to ensure that quality alignment is in place throughout the team; this includes addressing any quality issues identified by the client and/or breaking news regarding media and trends.
- Coordinate and execute coaching and quality assurance programs related to calls, written response and/or customer interactions.
- Provide quality and coaching direction to team leaders; confer with the client and team management staff to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training for employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, technologies, or the general improvement in customer service abilities.
- Help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees' skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within their team. Maintain a strategic approach, rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within each team and determining what training is needed to grow and retain appropriate skills.
Develop Training that meets specific deadlines using the following methods:
- Conduct a needs assessment of target participants for each training
- Identify goals, objectives, and desired outcomes of training
- Create clear, concise & credible materials
- Apply design principles appropriate to methodology
- Create methods of demonstrating training effectiveness within each training module.
Determine implementation methods for training such as individual training plans, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops, as well as e-training. In addition, research new technologies and methodologies to enhance learning and retention and present this research to Training Team Lead.
- Formulate process outlines, lesson plans, trainer guides, and activities for all training that will aid in the process of training effectiveness.
- Develop training program based on market event at the request of our client/partner that may require evening or weekend delivery and support.
- Train Alta management team on designated processes as needed.
- Work with Alta management team to schedule continuing education training to appropriate team members.
- Develop and implement assessments, certifications and evaluations to ensure required competency is achieved.
- Make recommendations to the Training Team Leader for improving training effectiveness and efficiency.
- Amend and revise training programs as necessary, in order to adapt to ongoing changes occurring in the work environment.
- Coordinate and schedule quarterly, or as requested, call calibration sessions for the client and management staff.
- Answer questions and educate all team members on applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions.
- Serve as the focal point for all product, process and procedure questions and in turn work with the client to clarify and resolve questions.
- Escalate issues to management in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to, and oversee team’s adherence to, applicable Program, Client and Corporate policies, procedures and work instructions. Supervise, guide and develop team members who must:
- Manage Consumer/Health Care Professional/Regulatory contacts relating to US and/or Canadian drug, medical device, cosmetic and/or dietary supplement products and/or their proper use, contraindications, adverse events/complaints, formulation, distribution and/or recall.
- Accurately assess issues and, based on analysis, assign adverse event/product quality pharmacovigilance subject code(s) to conform to Client, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Health Canada and MedWatch pharmacovigilance reporting standards and regulations.
- Apply good documentation principles conforming to U.S. FDA’s 21 CFR 210, 211 Current Good Manufacturing Practice for Finished Pharmaceuticals (cGMP) and 21 CFR 820 Quality System Regulation to clearly and accurately record contact/product data, contact verbatim, medical information, pharmacovigilance subject codes, and dates/reasons for any changes in proper database/paper locations to support Client reporting to regulatory authorities.
- Escalate critical issues to designated management representatives.
- Handle and protect individually-identifiable health information in accordance with HIPAA and similar security/privacy regulations and standards.
- Manage duties for Quality/Oversight/Audit as follows:
- Respond to questions from auditors/government inspectors in professional, factual manner.
- Provide assistance for audit preparation and/or audit/inspection support as may be requested by management.
- Manage work with a view to continuous quality improvement. Promptly notify Team Leader or subject matter expert with any questions about how or if a task should be performed.
- Immediately notify supervisor and Quality/Compliance team about any potential nonconformance.
- Prepare for and manage actions necessary to address needed surges in workforce and rapid training related to event-specific (e.g. recall, major media news) tasks: contract staffing, re-deployed staff, HR, schedules:
- Training (create training materials and FAQs plus conduct the training in timely manner)
- Communicate progress and status of event activities (e.g., special reports, progress on setup, volume of interactions received, etc.)
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
Leadership capabilities are required to be successful in this position and to interact with the client and Alta management teams and through ongoing interactions with the Alta customer care representatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and systems expertise.
Ability to deliver technical training in complex computer systems to non-technical adult learners.
Ability to present to small and large groups of varying levels of team members.
Ability to manage large groups in training.
Ability to create momentum and foster positive change.
Ability to navigate required web-based applications and associated programs.
Work effectively as a team member with the Training Team as well as with other members of management.
Demonstrate a passion for customer experience quality and ongoing improvement and development.
Ability to independently develop training using a variety of methods and follow appropriate design principles.
Ability to develop a variety of training programs including but not limited to New Hire Training, Continuous Education Training, and Market Events.
Strong understanding of coaching technique, adult learning theory, and the proven ability to lead others both internally and externally.
Ability to perform and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
Meet requested deadlines and communicate with Training Team Lead when additional resources are needed.
Ability to analyze data for trends in process errors, and assess gaps in understanding based on data analysis.
Demonstrate applied competency in quality/compliance standards and applicable Program, Client and Corporate policies, procedures and work instructions though appropriate and timely analysis, decision-making, communication and recordkeeping.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with 5 years of training experience or an Associate's Degree in a related field with 6 or more years of training experience is required. Experience with document management and proper Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instruction formatting rules and guidelines is preferred.
TECHNOLOGY SKILL BASE
This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Windows, PowerPoint, Advanced Word and Excel, along with Client designated software. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by Client and Alta Resources.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment for which this position functions contains scents and fragrances related to product samples that are necessary to have on site in order to complete the essential job functions of this position or others positions within the same area. Due to the nature of this work individuals are required to be on-sight during hours designated by the Client, however, the occasion will arise when the employee must be off-site due to business functions.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America