At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the outdoors. We fight for the future of our people, planet, and sport. We aim to maximize our positive social impact and minimize our negative environmental impact while delivering high-quality performance products.
As a global leader in snowboarding, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the long-term health of our company, sport, and community. Through these efforts, we aim to make snowboarding and the outdoors accessible to all.
Burton is looking for social individuals to spread the stoke as part of our retail team at our Santa Monica, CA Flagship Store. Our Sales Associates are the Jake-blue thread that connects our brand to your community and the snowboarding community at large. Our Sales Associates provide invaluable connections to our customers every day. From Santa Monica, CA to Wrentham, MA each flagship store carries a unique vibe, tells a compelling story, and hosts events tailored to the community in which they sit.
Are you passionate about assisting riders of all ages, ability levels and backgrounds? Do you embrace the outdoor community and the gear required to get out there? Do you simply enjoy helping people find what they seek? Are you a story-teller – whether it’s about product, your first day on a board or last night’s rad concert? Then you’ll feel right at home on our team of fun-seekers and shredders! You’ll be working alongside a tremendous group of people who know how to work hard while having as much fun as possible.
Burton’s fun benefits include discounted season pass (your choice), paid company ride days, generous product discounts, free demo equipment, free lessons, special company events, generous pro deals throughout the outdoor sports industry (ride, ski, mountain bike, camp, hike and more). Your beanies, hats, and flannels are welcome (but not required) in our casual work environment.
This is a part time, seasonal, hourly position. New Associates start at $20.00/hour USD.
You’re excited about this role because you will:
- Drive a platinum experience for each Burton customer
- Strive to achieve store sales goals
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to stay current on all products, moments, stories and events
- Assist your team in executing all daily retail operations to support a smooth functioning store
- Be an active member of the local community by attending and supporting in-store events
- Model flexibility by working nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
- Perform various store tasks including point of sale operation, shipping and receiving, stocking the floor, housekeeping duties and building visual displays as necessary
- Uphold all company policies
You’ll be successful here by:
- Advocating for Burton by sharing the stories, energy and the innovation that define our brand
- Engaging each customer and delivering the best experience possible
- Developing into a true resource for both the local community and community-at-large
- Possessing a growth mindset and love of learning
- Contributing to a high energy environment
- Assisting customers in finding solutions that best meet their needs
- Embracing the snowboarding community and sport, whether you are a seasoned rider or have never been on snow
- Showing up every day with a high level of integrity and dependability
- Remaining open-minded and coachable
We’re excited about your qualifications:
- You are outgoing, social and enjoy engaging others
- Able to effectively communicate with internal team members and external customers
- Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, go up and down stairs, reach, safely lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder, and walk and stand for extended periods of time without assistance
- Prior experience in customer facing roles such as retail, customer/guest service, or food and beverage industry a plus, but not required
From the Santa Monica Store Manager: At Burton Santa Monica, you will be amongst a dynamic group of individuals in Southern California's pinnacle flagship location. Our atmosphere is warm and welcoming. We are the gateway to snowboarding in California.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal