Thermal Design Engineer
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics has a very exciting opportunity for a Thermal Design/Research Engineer who will be performing Thermal Design of Electronic Products.
This Hybrid role is located in Rockleigh, NJ.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective thermal solutions for complex electronics cooling challenges.
- Able to develop specifications and architect, design, and test at the system level.
- Apply heat-transfer fundamentals to develop new thermal technologies in the area of natural and forced cooling.
- Simulate and validate new thermal design approaches and provide production ready thermal solutions to engineering teams.
- Combine use of analytical and CFD tools efficiently to reduce development time for thermal solutions.
- Use CAD software such as Creo or Solidworks to build assembly models.
- Use CFD thermal software to obtain and optimize thermal solutions.
- Understand limitations imposed by product, safety, EMI requirements in developing thermal solutions.
- Present thermal simulation/validation findings/solutions to engineering teams and management.
- Assist in thermal verification testing and resolve any issues resulting from simulation results and lab testing.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of working experience with strong analytical skills in the area of heat-transfer preferred.
- Strong 3D CAD experience (Creo preferred). Solidworks is acceptable.
- Proficiency in Design for Manufacturability.
- Strong Thermal CFD simulation expertise/experience.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical/thermal aspects of electronic devices, thermal interface materials, heat-sinks, heat-spreaders, PCBs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Mechanical Compliance in the areas of safety and EMC preferred but not required:
- Working knowledge of design guidelines for EMC/ESD compliance at component, board, and system level
- US/CSA standards
- International standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects in results-oriented, fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive professional attitude.
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short
Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site
Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes,
Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Rockleigh, NJ 07647, USA