Manager, Firmware Engineering - Android/Linux BSP - Engineering/Firmware (Hybrid Schedule)
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
The BSP team, within the firmware group, provides the platform upon which all Crestron devices are built. Various products such as touch panels, control systems, audio products, the industry’s most advanced video over IP products and many more IoT devices are all built on top of a robust and expandable firmware architecture. The BSP ensures that we can bring new devices to market at a rapid pace by creating a seamless integration layer to all Crestron hardware.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Linux/Android BSP Manager to lead our BSP Firmware Engineering team. This is a direct hire role that will be reporting to our Plano TX or Rockleigh NJ location and work on a Hybrid work schedule (on/off-site). We need a strong leader to motivate, energize and push the team towards agile deliveries to the business.
We will look for you to showcase your strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience and apply your expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and support for our next generation products
This role may reside either in Rockleigh, NJ or Plano, TX.
- Lead a team to design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Android/Linux based products C, & C++ development environments.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers and managers to solve design issues.
- Lead a team responsible for the maintenance of current software including feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Provide technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
- Be both a hands-on technical leader and people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive engineering alignment.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience developing and debugging embedded software for Linux/Android
Must have experience with:
- Embedded Linux U-Boot/kernel development and customization, Linux Device Tree development, Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)
- Embedded Linux device driver development, optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality (display, power management, wifi, GPIO, etc.)
- Experience debugging issues within the Android Framework and Linux Kernel.
- Ability to independently read and understand electrical schematics
- Experience working with source control tools such as Git, Gerrit, GitHub, and with Android command line tools such as adb and fastboot.
- Deep specialized experience in two or more of the following areas: BSP/Board Support Package, Operating Systems, Kernel, Android Kernel, Bootloader, Power Management, RTOS, Linux, Graphics and Display Drivers.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Android security model (SE Linux policy) and secure boot.
- Experience with Google’s AOSP architecture developing Android framework services, Android Native applications (JNI / NDK) or system applications in JAVA or Kotlin.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Should have the ability to solve problems that span multiple disciplines, balancing technical and business needs.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver incrementally
Per applicable state requirements for CO, CA, NY, and WA,
the annual pay range for this position ($130,000-$182,500)) reflects the
hiring range for candidates performing the role in those specific states. Also
note, an individual’s offer may vary from this range as it may be impacted by
additional factors, including but not limited to the candidate's hiring
location, qualifications, experience, and market factors.
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short
Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site
Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes,
Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - 22 Link Rockleigh, NJ, 22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey, United States of America
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - Plano, TX, 7250 Dallas Parkway, Plano, Texas, United States of America