Lead Software Engineer, Mobile (Remote)
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Mobile Software Development team.
Our team is responsible for mobile applications both on phones and tablets, as well as on embedded devices like touch screens and remotes.
A lead engineer should have experience with native application development for both Android and iOS, but may have focused engineering experience on one platform or the other. Leads should be familiar with the trade-offs between application architectures (like MVC and MVVM), memory management, multithreading, object oriented design patterns, and related topics.
The duties of the role include shepherding a team as they refine, plan, and execute new features, functionality, and bug-fixes to existing, and emerging, products. Our lead engineers also participate in the evaluation of new technologies, defining the technological direction of our applications and platforms. They then participate in the strategy and planning to adopting new technology.
A lead will work with the manager of less experienced engineers to guide and mentor those engineers, assisting with their professional growth and development.
- Technical leadership of a team of 4-6 engineers
- As part of a cross-functional team, Define, refine, schedule, engineer, deliver, and maintain features of cross-platform applications
- Participate in the evolution and improvement of software development practices
- Evaluate emerging technologies and work with the team to establish the technical direction of mobile products
- Guide, mentor, and teach less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent industry experience
- 10 years experience as a mobile developer
- 2-5 years experience as a senior or lead software engineer or engineering manager
- Foundation in software development including application architectures, common design patterns, memory management, and multiprocessing
- Experience with cross-platform mobile application development for iOS and Android
- Proficiency in mobile application delivery on the Android and/or iOS platforms
- Comfortable working as part of a cross-functional team and with code written by others
- Proficiency mobile development tools like Android Studio, Xcode, Java, Kotlin, Swift and/or Objective-C
- History with other common development tools including version control, bug tracking systems, and CI/CD pipelines
- Passion for exploring technology and learning new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing software using the Scrum development process is helpful
- Experience with functional and reactive programming using RxJava, RxSwift, Flow, or Combine is helpful
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short
Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site
Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes,
Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Professional (MFG - NY)
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Rockleigh, NJ 07647, USA