Intern - Summer 2023 - IT Database Administrator
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2023 Intern – Database Administrator to join Crestron in our Enterprise Cloud Services Division, located at 6 Volvo in Rockleigh, NJ. This role has been designated as Hybrid: Tue - Fri.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be challenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- As a Database Administrator Intern, you will be responsible for working with the DBA department to assist in the day-to-day administration.
- Build, configure, and maintain the environments to provide the highest levels of performance, availability, and security.
- The DBA Intern will be primarily responsible for assisting in the maintenance of Database documentation and learning how to support the environment to maximize system uptime and productivity.
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server database instances, on-premises and in the cloud.
- Responsible for various environments from constantly changing developments to mission-critical production.
- Work with stake holders and our business divisions on all things related to data operations Manage Microsoft SQL Server database instances, on-premises and in the cloud.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or closely related field.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period.
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the internship period.
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future.
- Knowledge on installing, configuring, patching, maintaining SQL Server (2016, 2017, 2019 ETC).
- Awareness on planning, configuring, and maintaining HA (high availability) and DR (disaster recovery) solutions: Backup/Restore, FCI (failover cluster instance).
- Knowledge on HA concepts like Always-ON, Mirroring, Replication, Log-shipping
- Awareness on experience on TDE on standalone and HA (high availability) Databases
- Knowledge on developing Tsql Stored procedures, triggers, views, functions, ETL and reports to support enhancement to critical SQL based business systems.
- Basic Knowledge with Azure PasS/IaaS SQL server Database systems and PowerBI (Experience with any other cloud databases is added advantage)
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to learn new things.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational sense
- Motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short
Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site
Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes,
Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Non-Exempt
- Job Function Seasonal Employee
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary
- Telecommute % 40
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Monday, May 22, 2023
- Bergen County, NJ, USA
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Mahwah, NJ 07430, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Orangeburg, NY, USA
- Rockland County, NY, USA
- Rockleigh, NJ 07647, USA
- Westchester County, NY, USA