Lead Firmware Engineer - Streaming Audio
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
The Lead Firmware Engineer for our Streaming Services team will help in creating new audio solutions. The ideal candidate should take part in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as handling field escalations with new and legacy products.
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Android/Linux based products C,C++,Java Script and Java development environments.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including: feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
- Implement streaming audio services such as Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, Airplay etc.
- Interface, configure and implement audio devices such as DSPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent. Masters in CS will be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in firmware/software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment is required.
- Experience in networking protocols, TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc. is required
- Experience in Node.Js is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols - SSL/TLS and cipher implementation
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short
Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site
Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes,
Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Professional (MFG - NY)
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Rockleigh, NJ 07647, USA