Lead Android Software Engineer
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We are seeking a Lead Android Software Engineer with solid knowledge and experience in unified communication (UC) domain. The ideal candidate would have expert knowledge of Android platform and extensive vertical development experience involving Android framework and high-level applications. In this role, you will help us create initiatives for AI based innovative application of camera/audio features for our UC offerings. You will also lead the effort of integrating in-house and 3rd-party cameras and audio devices with our UC Android platform and troubleshooting field issues. You will get a chance to work on cutting-edge unified communication technologies needed for every conference room as well as home office environments. You must be self-motivated, creative, and thrive on solving complicated problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead cross-domain effort to create innovative, AI based camera/audio application solutions for our UC product offerings.
- Create and demonstrate proof of concepts promptly to guide business decisions.
- Research and innovate technologies to come up with simple, original engineering solutions to complicated problems and customer demands.
- Lead new UC feature development at both framework and application levels.
- Lead and contribute to the integration of in-house or 3rd-party cameras and audio devices into our UC Android platforms.
- Participate in full lifecycle product development including software architecture/design, documentation, implementation, project estimates, scheduling, integration planning and deliveries.
- Develop a full, hands-on understanding of our existing system and application framework to allow for future development, support of other developers, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Help to drive continuous improvement and integration of legacy software projects during ongoing development.
- Work in an agile environment focusing on the most important deliverables for our customers.
- Analyze and problem-solve field issues and provide onsite support as necessary.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent is required.
- 10+ years of software development experience on Android platform, including embedded Android systems.
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience developing camera and/or audio related features on Android platform.
- Experience working on AI/ML features on Android platform is highly desired.
- Passionate and experienced in driving continuous technological innovation and deliveries.
- Proven track record of learning and applying new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrated solid experience serving as the lead developer throughout the full, end-to-end software development lifecycle. This includes scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, code review, testing, and delivery.
- Proficient with object-oriented programming with C/C++/Java/Kotlin and modular design.
- Solid understanding of unified communication fundamentals and operation is highly desired.
- Strong communication skills to articulate development strategies, architecture, and design.
- Self-starter and thrive in fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Experience with GIT and SVN source control management.
Per applicable state requirements for CO, CA, NY, and WA, the annual pay range for this position ($117,000-$189,500) reflects the hiring range for candidates performing the role in those specific states. Also note, an individual’s offer may vary from this range as it may be impacted by additional factors, including but not limited to the candidate's hiring location, qualifications, experience, and market factors.
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes, Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - 15 Volvo Rockleigh, NJ, 15 Volvo Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey, United States of America
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - Plano, TX, 7250 Dallas Parkway, Plano, Texas, United States of America