Sr. Firmware Engineer - Audio-over-IP (AoIP)
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Senior Linux Firmware Engineer to join our Firmware Engineering team. This role may reside either in Rockleigh, NJ or Plano, TX
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Firmware Engineer to work in our Android/Linux BSP Engineering team within the Firmware Engineering Department. We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems.
We will look for you to showcase your strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience and apply your expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and support for our next generation Audio-over-IP (AoIP) products.
The Firmware Engineer for our Android/Linux BSP team will help in creating new Audio-over-IP (AoIP) and digital media products. The ideal candidate should take part in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as handling field escalations with new and legacy products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Android/Linux based products C, & C++ development environments.
- Embedded Linux Kernel / OS development on ARM based platforms including configuration management, build, deployment, hardware interfaces, device driver, device tree
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including: feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience developing and debugging embedded software for Linux/Android based products, C & C++ development environments.
- Must have strong C/C++ skills.
- Must have experience with:
- Embedded Linux U-Boot/kernel development and customization, Linux Device Tree development
- Device driver development, optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality (DSPs, codecs, FPGAs, Networking, etc )
- Debugging issues within the Linux Kernel.
- Strong understanding of audio processing theory and embedded frameworks (ALSA, gstremer)
- Strong background in DSP processing and concepts
- Strong understanding of IP networking development and debugging.
- Ability to independently read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to use LAB equipment for HW debugging and bring-up.
- Working with source control tools such as Git, Gerrit, GitHub
- Good knowledge of electronics
- Experience with the secure provisioning process
- RTOS application development experience
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Cloud operations/DevOps concepts
- Experience in containerization technology.
- Android HAL experience.
- Google’s AOSP architecture developing Android framework services, Android Native applications (JNI / NDK) or system applications in JAVA or Kotlin
- Strong written and verbal communication skills detail
- Self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Crestron Electronics offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, On-site Amenities at NJ Headquarters & TX Facilities, Crestron Market Cafes, Fitness Centers, and Wellness Centers.
At Crestron Electronics, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drive innovation. Crestron’s success hinges on continuing to build a workforce of unique individuals whose passion inspires us to create and revolutionize industry-leading products and services. There will always be more to accomplish, and at Crestron, we believe the best way forward is together.
*No Solicitation* Any agency submittal to any employee of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Telecommute % 60
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - 22 Link Rockleigh, NJ, 22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey, United States of America
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - Boston, MA, 529 Main Street, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Crestron Electronics Inc. - Plano, TX, 7250 Dallas Parkway, Plano, Texas, United States of America