Senior Quality Engineer
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible to ensure all aspects of overall product quality with strong focus on continuous product/process quality improvements. Responsible for quality operational support for products manufactured in Westford and CMOs or OEMs. Makes improvements to the company quality system. High visibility role in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the local QMS with QE support. Interpret quality data and non-conformances. Perform failure evaluations, determine root cause, and implement corrective action.
- For product assigned, work with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering on production process flow, PFMEA and Master Validation Plan.
- Work closely with contract manufacturers on product transfers and process validations, help define in line inspection points to improve product quality, author product quality plans as needed.
- Identify process improvements for responsible product lines to improve product quality.
- Work with suppliers and contract mfgs to drive root cause investigation and appropriate corrective actions.
- Own and manage individual CAPAs. Work with cross functional team to investigate root case and drive corrective actions.
- Support risk management activities. Able to update risk management files and draft Health Hazard Evaluations as needed.
- Support the MRB evaluation process. Represent QA on cross-function MRB committee.
- Initiate and/or participate in cross-functional teams to support department and company goals. Lead product quality related meetings; follow-up with team members for updates and actions; and distribute meeting minutes.
- Support Quality Control inspection group to ensure product quality is present at incoming, in-process, and at final inspection. Establish inspection procedures and provide guidance in inspection methodology. Provide technical oversight to the QC group.
- Prepare and update Quality Assurance documents and SOPs. Review and approve interdepartmental records, documents and SOPs to ensure conformance with the regulations and guidelines.
- Support internal and external audits with backroom or front room support as needed.
- Must be team player, willing to contribute and collaborate to drive departmental goals.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
Specific Area of Study: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Optical Engineering preferred.
☒ 5 to 8 years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience: 5 + years of experience in quality, product development or process development within FDA and/or ISO 13485 regulated medical device setting, with hands on knowledge of regulations with minimum of three (3) years in quality is required. Experience in medical devices manufacturing; experience with software driven electro-mechanical medical devices highly preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification desired.
- Previous experience supporting capital equipment and sterile products.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret international and national Quality standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to top management and auditors from various compliance agencies.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all levels within Quality as well as cross functionally with departments such as Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing.
- Proficient in the areas of statistical principles and applications; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; DOE, Acceptance and Sampling; process improvement/optimization; gage R&R measuring systems; and system and product audit.
- Proficient in manufacturing and quality documentation development.
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, challenges, and solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of statistical programs (Minitab or other statistical packages).
- Knowledge of ISO standards for Class II medical devices preferable (ISO 13485, 14971).
- Working knowledge of electronic quality management systems and/or manufacturing execution (ERP) systems.
- Exceptional analytical, electronics and electromechanical aptitude, problem solving, and root-cause analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Quality
- Job Function Quality Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $77,200.00
- Max Hiring Rate $125,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Westford, MA 01886, USA