Director of Global Logistics
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for managing the operations of all the 20+ global logistics locations including owned and third party warehouses and distribution centers for the company. Lead relationships with carriers and 3PL across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Ensure shipments between locations and to end customers/distributors are cycle time and cost efficient. Directly manage managers, senior managers, and engineers across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia to lead improvements to material management processes, customer satisfaction from predictable cycle time and logistics annual spend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate effective white glove delivery, distribution, full-service transportation, materials management, reverse logistics and fulfillment services.
- Gathers needed information on and understanding of customer demands; meets specific needs for transloading, just-in-time shipping, inventory management, distribution, and fulfillment.
- Builds and maintains relationships with sales and service to optimize performance.
- Maintains current knowledge of logistics and technology developments and trends; recommends and implements improvements based on this knowledge to provide more efficient service to clients.
- Leads the execution of an overall strategy, metrics, and processes to deploy an optimized logistic network and operations.
- Standardize on global best practices, develop and deploy standard operating procedures. support regional product launches.
- Manage performance, relationships and financials with 3PLs, custom brokers, warehouse providers, carriers, freight forwarders etc including leading regular operations reviews with key metrics.
- Drive timely resolution of any issues including root cause corrective action.
- Manages and mentors the global logistics senior managers and engineers with a team of 20-30 personnel.
- Monitor and ensure both compliance with and documentation of compliance with Cynosure’s policies and procedures as outlined in various Company policies, including the Global Approval Authority Matrix and other mandatory policies pursuant to one’s job description.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Embody and live our company Values.
- Establish effective reverse logistics processes for systems and parts.
- Work with planning to optimize freight costs.
- Identifies problems and inefficiencies in logistics processes; presents and implements enhancements and solutions to address these issues. Leads RFPs as required.
- Lead effective assessments on logistics models and locations based on customer satisfaction, manufacturing location and volume.
- Manage any transitions of warehouse or 3PL locations and any carrier changes.
- Track inventory including consigned parts to minimize scrap.
- Manage inventory accuracy and minimization of scrap, excess and obsolete across all global distribution locations via controlled processes.
- Lead physical inventory assessments and cycle counting including 3PL while supporting audits.
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
☒ Master’s degree preferred
Specific Area of Study: bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, engineering, supply chain, or related field.
☒ 12+ years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience: distribution experience required, medical device industry preferred.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Leverage data analytics to influence decisions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and a variety of duties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with computer-based management systems for inventory control, shipping operations, and fulfillment services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with import/export compliance, international tariffs and regulations such as MDR, free trade agreements.
- Basic understanding of financial management and planning helpful.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- Experience developing and executing cost savings programs.
- Work collaboratively with senior level stakeholders such as regulatory, quality, commercial, finance, service, operations and legal.
- Experience with SAP and PowerBI.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Manufacturing Operations
- Job Function Logistics
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $126,900.00
- Max Hiring Rate $209,440.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 35
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Westford, MA 01886, USA