Retail Channel Manager - [COSCO, Hybrid]
Retail Channel Manager – Furniture [Columbus, IN / Hybrid]
The Retail Channel Manager will plan, analyze, and execute strategic initiatives to help new and existing products meet sales growth and profitability targets for COSCO Home & Office. Alongside sales representatives for national retailer accounts (i.e. Walmart, Lowe’s, Big Lots, Amazon, etc.), the Retail Channel Manager will help create the vision for accounts and work closely with key internal functions (Graphics, New Product Development teams, etc.) on growth strategy and direction.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Product Development/Engineering with project briefs on 4P’s to guide development.
- Utilize relevant data systems to drive variance to forecast and budget analysis ultimately leading to data-driven and actionable recommendations related to product lifecycle management
- Collaborate with graphics team to provide direction on consumer touch point graphics (POP’s, displayer cartons).
- Drive channel and category expansion through market analysis, 4C’s.
- Consumer Research
- Competitive Review
- Customer/Channel Gap Analysis
- COSCO Core Competencies
- Act as a Key Customer Interface through creating presentations and customer solutions and attending sales calls.
- Set and monitor pricing, costing and margin expectations in conjunction with sales and management teams.
- Plan and attend bi-annual High Point Furniture market trade show
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required/MBA preferred but not required
· Marketing strategy/communications and copy writing/editing experience preferred
· Business case analysis for new product launches as well as ongoing product lifecycle management
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – provide actionable insights from data analysis
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to collaborate with cross-functional team members to produce high performance results.
- Natural problem-solver with demonstrated ability to come up with creative solutions to unique and complex issues
About this Job
- Position could be remote or hybrid working in Columbus, IN (few days a week going to the office)
- Competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 10 paid holidays and vacation
- Parental leave benefits up to 12 weeks
- Reporting to the Director of PD and Marketing for the Furniture Team
- Travel would be 2 - 3 times a year for tradeshows
- This position would not manage anyone
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbus, IN, USA