Custom Software Developer (Contractor)
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Research and analyze assigned projects to determine what is required to complete the customer’s request successfully.
- Provide detailed estimates for projects based on client-provided technical and functional requirements.
- Ensure estimates of time and cost are as accurate as possible and projects are completed to our quality standards, on time, and within budget.
- Design and code custom web applications and/or report changes.
- Thoroughly test and review each completed project for 100% accuracy.
- Record tasks, time, and communication directly related to each custom project.
- Provide exceptional level of customer service for the customer and communicate with the customer directly as needed throughout the process of any project.
- Learn new software and technologies as needed to maintain technical skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL (MariaDB) Knowledge (for database & queries)
- .NET MVC Framework Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Git Source Code Control Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Stimulsoft Reports Knowledge (not required, but a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding time management skills including the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detailed and well-organized written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including communication, teaching, active listening, and customer service
- Able to work as a team player and/or individual contributor internally and externally
- Must be US based
- Job Family Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States