ERP Application Consultant - Independent Contractor
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
Successfully implement and provide ongoing consulting for customers utilizing ECi’s Manufacturing ERP, creating an exceptional customer experience. This position is for a 1099 Independent Contractor and can be virtual.
Essential Job Functions:
- Application (Functional) Consulting Services:
- Perform ongoing onsite and remote consulting services for existing customers using ECI’s ERP and related Third Party Products
- Lead customer sessions with the objective of identifying and documenting:
- Current and future business initiatives
- Resource changes or needs for increased consulting services
- Current and future technology landscape
- Gap analysis within current systems and/or processes
- Reporting and data analytics requirements
- Required customizations, integrations or Third-Party Applications
- Build strong relationships with customers through consistent and reliable advisory level communication
- New Customer Implementations:
- Understand and deliver upon ECi’s implementation methodology, which includes the ability to complete:
- Requirements gathering / existing process review
- New process design and definition
- Systems design and fit-gap analysis
- Creative solutions for application and workflow design
- System configuration and setup
- Concept validation/user acceptance testing
- Pre-implementation system testing
- Data migration and data formatting recommendations
- Go-live implementation tasks and post-go-live consulting
- Consulting recap/activity reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, accounting, information systems or equivalent
- Strong ERP product knowledge, 3-5 years ERP consulting experience
- Understand common industry business practices in manufacturing, operations, distribution, and finance
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear, concise manner to users with varying levels of technical expertise via telephone and in-person
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, delivers high-quality work, self-motivated and an internal desire to succeed
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills targeted to effectively present information to C-level management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Possesses a professional presence suitable for direct client interaction by telephone
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus
- Experience with Crystal Reports and Dashboards a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Windows
- Experience with E2, M1 or JobBOSS a plus
- APICS/CPIM certification a plus
- Ability to travel up to 80% within the US & Canada (valid driver’s license and/or passport)
This position is open to Independent Contractors only. Successful candidates will already own and operate their own businesses, be employed by an existing support business looking to develop an additional revenue stream or be willing to start their own businesses.
- Job Family Professional Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA