For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
As a Product Manager at ECI you will own a product line. You will lead all aspects of the software’s life cycle from development of new features and enhancements to go-to market and launch plans. You will be responsible for creating a product roadmap and vision, inspiring others to support your vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their robust customer-focused user experiences and innovative capabilities. You will additionally work collaboratively with marketing teams, sales personnel, and ECI customers to identify new software solutions. You will work with sales and service teams to communicate and train on new features and business processes. Finally, you will work with other product managers on portfolio strategy including aspects of financial analysis and forecasting for your specific product.
- Conduct competitive analysis using internal, customer, and market data identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Provide overall product management by defining requirements, conveying release and project visions/goals, and approving developed functionality.
- Develop a cross organizational vision, roadmap, and appropriate tracking mechanisms for each new initiative (financial planning, analysis and forecasting).
- Create technical roadmaps and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build solutions that customers and users will love.
- Author user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, activity diagrams, user interface wireframes, class diagrams, business rules, and rule flow diagrams.
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value.
- Participate in an Agile development environment as a member of a Scrum/Project team.
- Prepare and present business cases to justify proposed solutions and business investments.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and market trends, co-author white papers, marketing materials, and industry articles that will enhance ECI's thought leadership.
- Become the subject matter expert within the organization for ERPs, assisting sales, implementation and account management with customer requests / inquiries.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Economics, Engineering, or related field is preferred. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- A background of product management preferably in the software industry.
- Candidate is expected to be highly self-directed in identifying and prioritizing personal deliverables in order to meet internal and external commitments.
- Expertise in owning business case, research, needs validation, sizing, requirements, positioning, and pricing strategies for a product.
- The ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal and external customers from a variety of background and experiences.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with attention and focus on details.
- Ability to lead, negotiate, persuade, and compromise.
- Superior written communication and presentation skills required.
- Experience working with sales and service in a software organization.
- Technical software/programming experience is a plus.
- Experience in the Lumber, Building Materials, and Hardware industry is a plus.
- Job Family Product Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Albany, NY, USA
- Latham, NY 12110, USA
- United States