Management Consultant - Human Services – US (Northeast)
Applicants must be willing to travel.
At Public Knowledge®, we help government clients solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We support systems, programs, people, project management, learning, and more. While we work across many industries, most of our work is in Health and Medicaid, Child Welfare, and Child Support. Since 2020, PK is part of the GLI® Group, which means we have the financial backing and infrastructure of a large company. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com.
At Public Knowledge®, our core values are Inclusion, Teamwork, and Impact. These values show up every day through our ways of working within our teams and with our clients.
Inclusion is not an initiative at Public Knowledge®; it is one of our core values. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace that highlights the diversity in all of us and our experiences. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Public Knowledge® recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, disability status, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Teamwork – We do more than just work together. We respect, trust, and care for each other. This collaboration and belonging extends to our clients as much as our colleagues.+
Impact – We approach every engagement with our energy focused on identifying the right goals, outcomes, and strategies. We believe we each have a personal responsibility to make a positive impact on our projects and our world.
We are looking for management consultants with 3 – 5 years expertise in human services related industries (child welfare, child support, adult and aging services, health care, early childhood services, education etc.). Individuals with experience working in large and complex governmental systems are also strongly desired. who will work collaboratively to solve complex problems related to strategy, structure, management, and operations to help our clients solve short-term problems and reach their long-term objectives. Our management consultants identify and deliver solutions to clients, navigate ambiguity and change, develop relationships with organization leaders, stakeholders, and staff, provide technical expertise, and complete work in alignment with our core values.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather information for a project by conducting interviews, surveys, facilitating groups, analyzing client documentation, conducting research of best practice and academic literature, and the application of other information gathering tools.
Project Management / Project Support
- Provide or support project management activities in accordance with industry standard, client expectation, and PK’s project management methodology.
- Help your team meet project objectives, timelines, and deliverables within budget.
Analysis, Communication, and Consultation
- Analyze and organize information identifying root causes of issues, opportunities for improvement, and generate ideas to improve the client situation.
- Participate with your team to develop recommendations for actions that will improve the client’s situation.
- Communicate the results of our work (information, analysis, and recommendations) through participating in developing and delivering written reports, formal presentations, and oral discussions with your team, and clients and stakeholders.
Firm Knowledge Sharing and Growth
- Freely share your knowledge, skills, and abilities with your colleagues.
- Perform firm administrative activities.
- Grow your skills and experience by participating in projects and actively pursuing continuing professional education.
- Develop an effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3 – 5 years experience in providing programmatic technical assistance in human services related industries (child welfare, child support, adult and aging services, health care, early childhood services, education, and transportation)
- 3 – 5 years in experience in project management
- 3 – 5 years experience in supporting and leading teams
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations.
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong work relationships.
- Must have demonstrated life-long learning skills.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel (reasonable travel will be required)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with officials at all levels in government and industry.
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness.
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites.
- Must have the ability to work from a home-based office.
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time.
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to address the needs of diverse customers; understand and respond in a culturally responsive way
- Must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
We offer excellent benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (Per Year)
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan with 100% match up to 3% of your salary
- Anniversary Reward Bonus
- Stipend and Paid Time for Professional Development
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
Think you've got what it takes? Apply online on our website and include an introduction to yourself and your qualifications.
This job post should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 75
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Maine, USA
- Michigan, USA
- New Hampshire, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Vermont, USA