Delivery Driver Non CDL/ Warehouse Employee
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you safety-conscious and service-oriented? Do you possess the attention to detail necessary to ensure the accurate fulfillment of customer orders? If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our dedicated team as a Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Employee. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
Delivery Driver/ Warehouse teammates are responsible for representing the Profit Center in a professional and ethical manner, in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Teammates will be home nightly with no weekend deliveries. Teammates need to know how to operate a delivery truck and material-handling equipment. They need to be courteous and friendly by building long lasting relationships with our customers. Teammates will work safely and effectively. Teammates will also help at the Profit Center by partaking in warehouse duties, along with inside sales. Those job duties are counting, verifying, and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material. Stocking and maintaining the warehouse. Picking, documenting, and packing customer orders. Teammates will also be expected to take initiative and be persuasive using excellent verbal communication and sales abilities. They will know the products they are selling.
As a Delivery Driver/ Warehouse teammate with McDonald Supply your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Hajoca truck, operating it safely and in compliance with Company rules, applicable laws and regulations. Destinations include job sites, customer facilities, vendor facilities, other Hajoca locations, facilities of other wholesalers, or other locations as directed by management.
- Load the truck at the Profit Center with Hajoca merchandise to be delivered. Secure the load properly so that nothing will shift, get damaged or fall from the truck. Ensure the necessary equipment to safely unload the merchandise is available.
- Understand the shipping documents that are associated with the merchandise for each delivery and have accurate directions to each delivery destination.
- Unload correct merchandise from the truck and place it where the receiving party wants it. Obtain legible signature for all merchandise delivered per Company policy and procedure.
- Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with the company’s Safety Standards.
- Receiving Duties
- Upon receipt of a vendor shipment or customer return, obtain the packing slip and count and verify material received. Note received quantities and all shipping discrepancies (over shipments, under shipments, mis-shipments, damage/shorted freight claim) on the packing slip.
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and receive material in the system or, when applicable, forward the receiving documents to the office personnel for data entry.
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier’s Bill of Lading; initiate freight claims with freight carriers or forward appropriate paperwork to designated employee.
- Picking and Shipping Duties
- Pick material for orders, note quantities picked on the shipping document, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up.
- Check picked material against printed ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Complete necessary documentation for customer shipments delivered via third-party carrier.
- Load and unload trucks, operate warehouse forklift and other material handling equipment safely.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems; address pricing deductions and material returns timely and in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Support Counter Sales and Outside Sales activities and all Profit Center activities as part of our Profit Center team.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse, Mincron) used to process orders.
All interested applicants must possess:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1+ years warehouse & delivery experience
- Be 21 years or older
- Possess a proper and valid driver's license
- Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
- Pass DOT physical examination prior to employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
- The ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
- Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
The benefits of working with us:
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit-sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401 (k) and retirement cash account
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Aberdeen, SD 57401, USA