Sales & Operations Teammate
Sales & Operations Teammate ($15 - $20 per hour)
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on
entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability."
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you detail-oriented and safety conscious? Do you thrive on providing a positive customer experience? If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our dedicated team as an Operations & Sales Teammate. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
As an Sales & Operations Teammate with Hajoca, your specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist Customers who purchase and/or pick up merchandise at our location.
- Receive, count, and verify incoming shipments. Stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness, order, and safety. Remove empty cartons, pallets, and other debris. Inform immediate supervisor of safety issues. Pick materials for orders, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up. Load/ unload trucks and operate a forklift safely. Maintain inventory levels and stock depletions that could impact customer service.
- Drive a Hajoca truck and operating it safely in compliance with Company rules and applicable laws and regulations. Safely load and secure the truck prior to making deliveries. Unload correct merchandise and place it where the receiving party dictates. Inspect the truck and required parts to determine safe operating condition prior to delivery and inform supervisor of any mechanical problems.
- Process Sales Orders generated at the counter. Work with customers over the phone and in person to determine their product needs. Provide Customers with reliable information regarding product specifications and pricing
All interested applicants must possess:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Be 21 years or older
- Possess a proper and valid driver’s license
- Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
- Know laws, rules, and regulations governing driving motor vehicles, as well as commercial vehicles subject to DOT regulations
- Pass a DOT physical examination prior to employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
- Have 2+ years’ experience in a delivery or material handling environment
- Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
- Possess the ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
- Possess basic computer literacy
- Be fluent in Spanish
•Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
•401 (k) and retirement cash account
•Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
•Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1995 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- New Orleans, LA, USA