939 Controls Engineer I
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Controls Engineer I designs, develops, configures and troubleshoots electrical control systems for material handling conveyor systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PLC programming - understand and troubleshoot software packages to control specific conveyor equipment or entire systems.
2. Assist department engineers and technicians in design electrical panel containing electrical hardware to support the control package and provide needed assistance to person building the electrical panel.
3. Travel to job sites to configure control package for specific customers' requirements with focus on I/O checks and electrical wiring/hardware troubleshooting (Up to 20% travel).
4. Work with controls team, applications group and customers to understanding actual requirements in order to quote and supply controls package to meet specific job requirements.
5. Provide electrical and controls support for conveyor lab equipment being used for trade shows or testing.
6. Provide 24/7 on call support based on implementation schedule.
7. Assist internal and external stakeholders with electrical and control system support questions.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A.S. Degree in a technical discipline with 2-3 years of controls system design, troubleshooting and programming experience.
B.S. Degree in engineering or other technical discipline with 1 year of hands on electrical and controls system related design experience preferred.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Jonesboro, AR, USA