Benjamin Harrison Associate Executive Director
Full Time Perks
- Supportive Work Environment
- Free Y Membership for Household
- 20 Hours of Free Childcare Per Week (While Working)
- Program Discount for Self and Household
- Employer Paid Retirement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Some Certifications Provided
- Employee Benefits Hub (discounts on goods and services)
- Employee Assistance Program including legal, financial, and mental health resources
- Life, Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance/Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
Under the direction of the District Vice President the Associate Executive Director is responsible for the ongoing center operations. Including program development, management, all facets of child, youth and teen development, and the outreach department. The Associate Executive Director will be responsible for the development and administration of the department, fiscal budgets, program development, promotion, implementation, evaluation, staff scheduling, supervision, and to provide staff leadership to achieve the YMCA mission and to position the center as a vital and integral asset that builds strong kids, strong families, and strong communities.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of professional experience, with recognition as a YMCA Multi-Team/Center Leader certification preferred. Completion of the YMCA Executive Development Institute or related executive development is also preferred. The ability to develop and maintain quality programs is essential. Because of the program diversity, strong organizational and supervisory skills are required. This person must possess knowledge in the areas of fiscal management, program planning, member services and sales, personnel management, training and evaluation, public relations and fundraising.
Designated as a First Responder in the event of an emergency.
1. Develops, administers and controls fiscal budgets, including meeting income targets and expense control, in consultation with the Executive Director.
2. Selects, trains and supervises Program Directors and the program development outlined in their specific job description, with consultation and approval of the Executive Director.
3. Develops and evaluates performance of center staff based on mutually accepted performance goals.
4. Articulates a clear vision for the mission and goals of the YMCA, which inspires and engages internal constituents and external community.
5. Evaluates programs and recommends changes based on compatibility with the Center and Association goals. Responsible for the development of new program initiatives and areas of focus.
6. Provides leadership to the development and implementation of the all facets of child, youth and teen development, and outreach including strategies to deepen involvement of staff, volunteers and members.
7. Guides Center Program groups in formulating policies and programs consistent with Center and Association goals.
8. Provides leadership to Association program committees as assigned.
9. Assists in the development and implementation of the Center strategic plan.
10. Shares responsibility for Center supervision, public relations, planning and promotions as agreed.
11. Provides leadership to the center Annual Campaign with assistance of Executive Director responsible for staff and community divisions of the campaign.
12. Prepares and maintains statistical, analytical and narrative reports and records related to center programs and operations as required.
13. Provides leadership to the development and implementation of the marketing of all YMCA programs and Initiatives, including strategies to deepen involvement of staff, volunteers and members.
14. Provides opportunities and resources to meet staff training and development needs.
15. Leads community events, marketing the YMCA programs - activities aimed toward fulfillment of Center and Association goals in include all aspects of the YMCA mission.
16. Supervises and is accountable for the care and upkeep of facilities and department equipment.
17. Coordinates facilitation of center financial assistance procedures. Approves and monitors all financial assistance requests.
18. Provides leadership for Leadership Meetings.
19. Champions and integrates character development and the four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspect of center operations.
20. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies and other organizations.
21. Schedules current program areas of the Center to assure a creative usage of the facility, properties and equipment, maximizing the time and space available and meeting the needs of the various constituencies of the Center service area.
22. Assists with any other projects or activities as assigned.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function MGMT2
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $56,336.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,420.00
- Benjamin Harrison Center - 5736 Lee Rd Indianapolis, IN 46216, 5736 Lee Rd, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America