Robot Machine Tender
Tends an industrial robot or other automation equipment used to trim or manufacture plastic thermoformed, bonded, or foam filled parts to specifications on production basis by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-ups, installs programs and tends robotic trimming machine and other equipment in the work cell.
- Lifts formed part manually and secures part in fixture or loads automatic feeding device.
- Starts machine, engages feed, and observes operation.
- Inspects and measures formed parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Replaces worn machine accessories such as cutting tools.
- Sands and scribes formed parts.
- Cleans formed parts.
- Tends machines and equipment other than the robot (such as thermoformer, grinder, etc.).
- Manually finishes formed parts when robot is not in operation using air powered hand tools (router - drill - sander).
- Assembles parts and components.
- Reads and interprets production information (blueprints, packaging instructions, product specifications).
- Enters and retrieves production information utilizing the ERP system.
- Assists maintenance with minor equipment repairs.
- Cleans and organizes entire work cell.
- Attends shift and machine meetings.
- Performs position in accordance with established quality standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively to various employees of the organization (Supervisors - Group Leaders - Operators - CNC Coordinator).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Portage, WI 53901, USA