Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters through assigned resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to be proactive, to work independently of day-to-day supervision
- Works with Business Development and Marketing to identify and document project deliverables including cost requirements, objectives, quality standards and timing expectations
- Leads regular timely reporting of project status via review meetings with the project team, customer, and KFI key stakeholders
- Collaborates with Engineering, Purchasing and Operations to ensure project budgets, tooling cost estimates and piece price cost estimates conform to margin, tooling, capital, and development cost expectations of all stakeholders including customers
- Consults with management to ensure needed resources are allocated to meet overall business development and individual program requirements
- Manages and maintains master program timing and escalates timing issues appropriately when identified to key stakeholders
- Works with project team and involves others as necessary to resolve timing and cost issues
- Promotes compliance with the KFI NPD Gateway process
- Identifies systemic workflow issues, proposes resolution, and assists in implementing improvements
- In conjunction with VP Engineering, establishes scope of work, project budget and project team for New Material Development initiatives
- Perform all duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management or a related field
- Experience with full cycle automotive engineering design concepts: research, design requirement, feasibility, conceptualization, preliminary design, detailed design, design for manufacturability and production planning
- Experience with the Launch of Automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers’ products
- Demonstrated history of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Six Sigma Greenbelt and PMP desired
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Advanced knowledge of ERP functions and CRMs
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The majority of time will be spent in the office area; however, the employee will spend time in the production areas.
The production area temperatures can fluctuate significantly based on the time of year. The noise levels can be moderate to high. The use of hearing protection and safety eyewear is required while on production floor. The use of additional specific safety equipment may be required. The noise level in the office is usually quiet. The noise level in production is usually moderate.
WORK AVAILABLITY AND TRAVEL
Must have the ability to work all shift schedules, periodic overtime and be available for periodic weekend work.
Travel requirements: <10%
KFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This is a direct-hire opportunity with KFI. KFI is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Pay Type Salary
- Portage, WI 53901, USA