CNG Technician 1
The CNG Technician in Pecos, TX will contribute to the preventive maintenance, application, start-up and commissioning of NexTier Power Solutions CNG assets. The CNG Technician will be knowledgeable of gas compression; mechanical, instrumentation, automation, and operation. Including safe operation and best practices of the Power Solutions CNG equipment. This position reports directly to PSL Operations Manager-Power Solutions.
· This position involves daily travel between NexTier Pecos, TX hub, NexTier Midland Basin hub, Midland/Odessa NexTier yards, compressor sites and customer locations.
· Shifts vary depending on customer requirements and multiple shifts will be available depending on candidates.
- The safe and consistent maintenance to the company’s permanent and portable CNG equipment
- Assists in monitoring the requirements of replacing parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Troubleshoot repetitive and intermittent performance issues on component level equipment
- Mechanical, electrical, PLC, and instrumentation skills/knowledge are necessary
- Contribute to maintaining a spare parts and materials inventory
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and enter reports into NexTier software
- Maintain and establish NexTier software work orders on a recurring basis
- Participate and support the maintenance program development
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping on customer sites
- Perform all work safely and be a leader within the safety program
- Perform preventive maintenance on CNG equipment on schedule
- Perform recurring inspections on CNG equipment on schedule
- Perform pre-job planning and prep equipment for projects as needed including pre-job commissioning
- Transport trailers and equipment as needed
- Rig up and down equipment at the start and end of each project
- Visit customer locations as necessary for planned maintenance, check-ins, or service calls.
- Troubleshoot equipment outages and get equipment online and operational
- Perform post-job commissioning as applicable
· A minimum of 5 years of CNG or related experience preferred
· Natural Gas Compression and additional OEM and industry training can be substituted for field experience
· Hands on mechanical and/or electrical experience in piping or HVAC systems required
· MDT control systems knowledge would be beneficial to this role
· Excellent organizational and technical communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to influence and to deal tactfully with a wide range of personalities
· Exceptional work ethic with a positive, analytical, and safe work attitude
· Basic skills in the use of computer-based programs such as Excel and Office.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Job Function Electronics
- Pay Type Hourly
- Odessa, TX, USA