Senior Technical Product Manager, ERP Solutions
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Senior Technical Product Manager, ERP Solutions
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
In this position as the Senior Technical Product Manager, ERP Solutions, we are looking for someone that is inquisitive by nature. Someone that questions everything and challenges others to create industry leading experiences for Odyssey customers. In this role you will be responsible for coming up to speed quickly with our current business processes and building a divisional strategy that brings those experiences from commonplace to extraordinary. A day in the life of this role will involve the following but not be limited to; customer interviews, identification and documentation of requirements, evaluating and capturing business priorities and formulation of requirements into a roadmap that provides the foundation for the product strategy. All these things are done to provide clear directions for our lines of business and informs the priorities of the technology delivery teams.
In This Role, You Will:
- Serve as the IT owner for ERP systems, partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships with business leaders to understand their needs in support of the digital strategy, corporate objectives, and major functional objectives.
- Work with the PMO to Lead demand and drive execution of a portfolio of projects through effective prioritization, planning, vendor management and oversight.
- Partner with cross functional teams and system stakeholders to ensure systems integrate and operate as designed and intended to support global process execution to deliver the best team member and customer experience.
- Apply standard processes for defining business capabilities, understanding core requirements, and running vendors for implementation and ongoing support.
- Ensure and maintain Application, Integration and Data architectures for corporate shared services eco-system.
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive efficiency; establish and sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation, cross training and vendor management.
- Work with development teams, be responsible to ensure that all software, platform and SaaS including 3rd party software are up to date and patched up to mitigate any risk due to out of support software.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of dynamically increasing responsibility in IT Tier 1 applications and partnering with Finance and business functions on the implementation of new business capabilities enabled by IT (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Acquire to Retire).
- 3+ years of experience in Global Roll out, M&A, ERP Integration GL and consolidation, organizational change and influencing across complex areas such as process design, tradeoffs in systems, scaling programs through company life stages, etc.
- Solid background in financial business processes with several years of experience with multiple best-in-class solutions like Oracle EBS Financials (AR, AP, GL, FA, Cash Mgt, EBTax, Cost Mgt, PM, EPM, HCM, Project Accounting, OTL) Oracle Fusion.
- Consistent track record of influencing, leading and facilitating initiatives with multiple senior partners.
- Strategy and planning; an ability to think and plan over a 12–36-month time span.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and strong problem-solving skills. Solid attention to detail, organization, and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
This is a hybrid in-office role based in Charlotte, NC.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans
- 401K with company match
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology - Charlotte, NC, 1916 Ayrsley Town Blvd., CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America