CDL - A Driver
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new CDL A Driver
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey International Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is a one-stop shop; a fully integrated, asset-light based company that provides a complete set of international freight forwarding services. Odyssey International Services delivers unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound from Asia through the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and East Coast, with flexibility, expedient customer service and the best value. We offer customized solutions and build partnerships with our customers to ensure their business needs are met. Our comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and regulations enables us to design tailored, cost effective end-to-end international transportation solutions.
Based in vibrant Anchorage, AK Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of CDL A Driver will have primary responsibility of assisting in loading, pick-ups, and deliveries of freight to our various customer locations while working with Dispatch to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
In This Role, You Will:
- Operates vehicles in compliance with local and state traffic codes/laws and company procedures.
- Read and understand traffic signs and controls in accordance with FHWA regulations.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on all vehicles assigned to operate and ensures any necessary repairs are completed according to state and federal regulations prior to arriving and/or leaving the terminal.
- Track and maintain hours of service logs.
- Ensures load is properly stowed and secured to prevent shifting or damage while in transit to the delivery location.
- Examines shipping documents to verify all shipments loaded and is properly segregated and/or separated.
- Uses proper equipment for safe loading and/or unloading.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum of 1 year driving of assigned trucks in a local environment.
- Valid Alaska Class A with Hazardous Materials endorsement.
- Valid Medical Card
- Must possess a good driving record
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule
- Ability to work overtime as needed
This is an in-office role based in Anchorage, AK
- Job Family Operations - Company Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, AK, USA