See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Dispatcher.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii (HOT & RPM) Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT) and RPM, subsidiaries of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), are your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Pearl City, HI, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Dispatcher’s primary responsibility is to dispatch shipments on the island of Oahu and coordinate interisland shipments to and from Oahu. To communicate to the drivers a positive, safe, and professional attitude to accomplish deliveries in a timely proficient profitable manner.
The work schedule is M-F 5:30 am – 2:00 pm.
In This Role, You Will:
- Dispatch and check-in drivers.
- Take pick up requests and administer freight pick up process.
- Make freight delivery appointments, as required.
- Manifest drivers route sequence.
- Work with drivers to resolve any problems.
- Work with peers to coordinate the movement of loads.
- Make sure all paperwork is handled timely and correctly.
- Assign and route drivers, trailers, and tractors.
- Be able to trouble shoot – OS & D issues. Follow procedures regarding return products, pallets, eastbound, etc.
- Perform administrative functions necessary in the daily operations.
- Reconcile cash and checks collected.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 6 months of previous dispatching experience is required.
- Must be organized and capable of managing time to meet deadlines.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT Hours of Service.
Location: This is an in-office role based in Pearl City, HI.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Pearl City, HI 96782, USA