Anchorage, AK, USA Req #1839
Thursday, March 30, 2023
If you are an outgoing, positive and motivated individual, then come to work in an exciting industry for a great company. Domestic Freight Fowarding, a division of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (OLT), is recruiting for a Warehouse Worker for the domestic freight forwarding businesses of Alaska. OLT is privately held and one of the top 100 US third-party logistics companies with operations across the US, Europe and Asia.
What We Offer:
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Steady, year-round work
- Weekends off
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review inbound freight documents and unload container/truck/trailer/rail.
- Visually inspect, count and weigh freight as required and report damaged freight, differences in counts and/or weights.
- Insure all freight is staged at its proper place in the warehouse, paperwork, exceptions and special information is properly given to other warehouse and/or office personnel as required to set up for the next handling process.
- Load container/truck/trailer/rail to be transported on.
- Insure load records required, are made and turned in to the proper persons for file record-keeping.
- Operate forklift, pallet walker, hand dolly, chain saws, electrical and non-electrical hand tool, shrink wrap machine, and other common hand tools
- Maintains warehouse, outside tar area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Comply with safety policies with the understanding that safety is the top priority.
- Experience moving freight in a warehouse environment associated with receiving and loading refrigerated and dry freight.
- Experience using warehouse equipment to include but not limited to pallet walkers, hand dollies, chain saws, electrical and non-electrical hand tools, shrink wrap machines, and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to operate hand-held scanner.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow direction.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Requires basis reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow directions given and provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have ability to pass background check and drug screen.
The job physical demands do (and/or) can include constant and repetitive actions involving:
- Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, Lifting, and Reaching
- Lifting overhead 5-60 pounds during loading and unloading
- Carrying freight 5-50 pounds, 5-50 feet
- Pushing and/or pulling weights on pallet jacks to capacity of pallet jack up to and in excess 2500 pounds
- Climbing on and off forklifts
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
- Low to high noise levels
- Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions inherent to working location. Inside and/or outside
- Monday – Friday; hours may vary
- Mandatory overtime may be required
Odyssey does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
This posting is inactive.
- Anchorage, AK, USA