Business Intelligence Developer
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Business Intelligence Developer.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider. Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve.
Odyssey Managed Logistics Services (MLS) powers supply chain and freight transportation for manufacturing companies by bringing a full suite of operational support, analytics, and strategic management.
Based in vibrant office district in Gdańsk Oliwa, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
About the Job:
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer supports the Company’s logistics data needs. This involves receiving or extracting raw data from various sources, normalizing the data into consistent formats and then designing enterprise-level solutions. The person in this position will be mainly working in the Qlik platform.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide solutions that address expanding BI development needs.
- Be responsible for extracting, normalizing, and presenting the Company’s data from various sources in various formats.
- Manage priorities while ensuring expectations of internal stakeholders are managed effectively regarding time and content deliverables.
- Collaborate with functional areas to ensure an understanding of business needs/requirements for various BI requests (i.e.: effectively understanding the scope of a request).
- Design, develop, and maintain business intelligence solutions.
- Craft and execute queries upon request for data and present information through reports and visualization.
- Develop and maintain effective analysis tools to streamline the preparation of normalized data sets from raw client data.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference given to Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of Qlik Sense Enterprise - minimum of 2 years Qlik Sense development experience.
- Demonstrated ability with custom analytical tools (R, Python, etc.).
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL (Extract, Transform, load) framework.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who seeks continuous improvement.
- 2-3 years of proven experience as a BI developer or Data Scientist.
- Experience with REST API development.
Location: This is a hybrid in-office role based in Gdańsk Oliwa, Poland.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical plan including dental and rehabilitation treatments;
- Lunch card;
- Benefit points, incl. Multisport and vendor discounts;
- Hybrid work, 3 days of office presence per week;
- IT equipment for your working space at home.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in Poland.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Aleja Grunwaldzka, Gdańsk, Poland