Systems Engineer II
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Systems Engineer II.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider. Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the job:
Systems Engineer II is responsible for assessing systems, determining problems, providing solutions to issues that arise, designing systems, upgrading systems, maintaining systems, and brainstorming possible improvements that can be made to a system in the future. Some of their other primary responsibilities include:
This role will ensure operational performance and service levels are met or exceeded across IT systems & infrastructure. An ability to think ahead of the curve and understanding of how to manage and prioritize risk (probability vs impact) is critical to the success of Odyssey and key for this role. The successful candidate must be energized by the opportunity for improvement and have an innate ability to plan future-state goals and implement project plans.
In this role you will:
- Architect and administer production environment Active Directory domain, DNS, and group policy in accordance with best practice. Participate in Active Directory consolidation and modernization initiatives.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage
- Assist in Azure Active Directory, M365, Exchange and similar platform configuration and maintenance
- Perform daily system and security monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform daily backup operations, ensure all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media and integrity checked regularly
- Provide support to various end user and developer groups by request
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5-7 years’ experience working with traditional on-prem IT data center technologies
- 3-5 years’ experience working with public cloud, M365, Azure Active Directory, and other cloud services
- 3-5 years’ experience with hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) such as VMware vSAN
- General familiarity and comfort with Unix/Linux
- Experience engineering support of Active Directory, DNS, and any additional Microsoft, Citrix and VMware products
- Experience with Active Directory including AD forest migration, remediation and consolidation, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including GPO, DNS and DHCP
- Hands on experience designing and configuring Microsoft Windows (Server and End User) technology including Antivirus, patch management and other System Administration tools
- Experience developing detailed Windows Administrative standards, design, and implementation documentation
- Experience capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance planning to ensure high availability.
- Experience with implementation of solutions involving data encryption, data masking, secure file transfers, and data leakage prevention. Supports new initiatives related to regulatory mandates.
- Design / Develop PowerShell Scripts for Automation of Operational Process, where appropriate
- Implement / Support Security Policies / Audits - Troubleshoot / Resolve Security Permissions Issues
This is a hybrid in-office role in Charlotte, NC
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans
- 401K with company match
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology - Charlotte, NC, 1916 Ayrsley Town Blvd., CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America