Director, Credit & Collections
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Director, Credit & Collections.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider. Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Director, Credit & Collections will have the primary responsibility of leading our credit and collections department. This position plays a vital role in managing the company's credit risk, minimizing bad debt, and maximizing cash flow. The Director will lead a team of collections specialists to achieve departmental goals while maintaining positive customer relationships.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop and implement credit and collections strategies aligned with the company’s financial goals and risk tolerance.
- Assess the creditworthiness of potential clients through analysis of financial statements, credit reports, and industry trends.
- Set appropriate credit limits and terms for customers based on risk assessments.
- Monitor and manage collections portfolio, identifying high-risk accounts and developing appropriate action plans.
- Generate regular reports and analysis related to accounts receivable, credit exposure, and collection performance.
- Utilize data-driven insights to optimize credit and collections processes, identifying trends and areas for improvement.
- Implement technology solutions to streamline processes and enhance efficiency.
- Continuously review and improve credit application procedures, collections workflows, and risk assessment methodologies; provide insights and recommendations to senior management.
- Manage, monitor, and develop a high-performing credit and collections team, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Service teams to resolve credit-related issues and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the point of contact for escalated customer inquiries and disputes.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to credit and collections activities.
- Keep abreast of changes in credit and collections laws and regulations and make necessary adjustments to policies and procedures.
- Set performance goals for team and individual members and conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Foster a collaborative and results-oriented work environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Proven experience in credit and collections management, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of credit analysis, financial statement analysis, and collections strategies.
- Proficiency in using financial software, data analysis tools, and technology solutions for credit management, such as High Radius, Cforia, Sidetrade, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any given time.
- Ability to analyze, define, diagnose, and resolve problems based on sound logic and rationale.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and manage a team effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Financials
This is an in office role with a hybrid schedule in Charlotte, NC
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans
- 401K with company match
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 15
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology - Charlotte, NC, 1916 Ayrsley Town Blvd., CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America