Logistics Contract Specialist
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Logistics Contract Specialist!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Enterprise Managed Services (MLS) Odyssey Logistics & Technology provides integrated transportation and logistics services and solutions that streamline processes, optimize logistics operations and reduce costs. We partner with customers to raise visibility and operational knowledge, creating strategies that drive performance and improve bottom-line results. Our logistics and supply chain expertise and experience can identify opportunities and challenge the status quo, enabling customers to redefine operating procedures and business rules, that yield results across assets, inventory and resources, and create lean and competitive business processes. Using unparalleled analytical skills with robust and granular data, Odyssey-designed solutions consider opportunities and details that may have been previously overlooked, driving year-over-year accretive results.
Based in vibrant Danbury, CT, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Logistics Contracts Specialist (“LCS”) will have a primary responsibility for creating carrier contract documents and maintaining Odyssey’s central file system for the North American Corporate Procurement’s master carrier files. This includes supplier contracts and rate agreements. This role is designed as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) in Transportation Contract Administration. As an SME, the LCS also maintains the library of Odyssey’s standard transportation contracts.
In This Role, You Will:
- Assist Management with establishing new Transportation Agreements.
- Maintain Odyssey’s standard templates of transportation contracts in coordination with the General Counsel and North American Logistics Procurement Management team.
- Set up and maintain master carrier files.
- Create and/or administer changes within contract documents by:
- Revise contract boilerplate at the Procurement Director’s direction.
- Ensure there is document control information on the contract and rate agreement documents.
- Assure the carrier rate sheets are created, published and correct.
- Issue Odyssey rate sheets when required.
- Edit rate schedules in a format consistent for master data loader creation.
- Disseminate pertinent rate information to need to know parties.
- Interface with Odyssey staff on document update activities and carrier personnel to coordinate rate schedule updates.
- Provide standard format rate updates to clients when applicable.
- Execute carrier mailings of Odyssey carrier notifications.
- Monitor the Contract Administration group mailbox.
- Act as key administrator for activity with electronic signature software.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- H.S. diploma or equivalent is required A degree or coursework in supply chain management or related field is a plus.
- Prior recordkeeping administration experience in the transportation field is required,
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player with leadership skills with strong ability to mentor others.
- Service oriented with attentive and timely reaction to business needs.
This is an in-office role based in Danbury, CT.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, DANBURY, Connecticut, United States of America