Join the team as our new Compensation Manager!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider. Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Danbury, CT Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced Compensation Manager to oversee the design, implementation, and management of our compensation programs. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of compensation practices and be able to balance the needs of the organization with the expectations of employees. This role will include the responsibility of setting up salary bands for multiple business units in multiple locations and establishing executive compensation and bonus programs.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the implementation, and administration of compensation programs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and firm objectives.
- Analyze US market data and trends and recommend updates to current compensation programs.
- Provide advice on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Design creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Oversee the participation in salary surveys and monitor salary survey data to ensure compensation objectives are achieved.
- Manage the annual compensation process, including budget proposal, base pay, and bonus. Propose guidelines and prepare projections for budget forecasting and collaborate with CHRO, HR Leadership and Finance as needed.
- Provide analytical support to evaluate plan effectiveness, metrics, and reporting.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition; provide insights and recommendations on compensation matters that both support business goals and ensure market competitiveness to develop competitive offer packages.
- Ensure compliance of company’s policies and procedures with federal, state, local, and FLSA compensation laws and regulations, performing compliance audits and preparing required reporting as necessary.
- Manage and oversee administration and communication for various incentive plans, ensuring accurate calculations and payouts.
- Prepare and evaluate position descriptions, perform market pricing, and maintain the integrity of the compensation structure.
- Develop and manage HR compensation analytics: design and build compensation metrics, and report to support our HR business partners and analyze effectiveness of compensation programs.
- Manage the development and maintenance of our compensation related database (Dayforce) to support our compensation programs.
- Champion process improvements related to compensation plan management including working with leadership on selection of tools or systems to support the compensation function.
- Support off-cycle compensation review requests by providing internal and external data and monitor implementation of compensation changes to ensure compliance to approved salary/rates.
- Complete the job-evaluation process with rigor and sound judgement, identifying the extent and impact of changes to existing jobs, relationships to other jobs and impact on job evaluation, internal equity.
- Participate in compensation projects, including M&A, in support of achieving annual objectives.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration.
- At least five years of progressive experience in US compensation planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in job analysis and evaluation, job description preparation and salary administration.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations related to compensation, such as FLSA, EEO, and ADA.
- Proven research, analytical and statistical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), with advanced skills in MS Excel and intermediate experience with HRIS systems (Dayforce)
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred.
Location: This is an in office role in Danbury, CT with a hybrid schedule
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans
- 401K with company match
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Odyssey Logistics & Technology, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, DANBURY, Connecticut, United States of America