See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii (HOT & RPM) Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT) and RPM, subsidiaries of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), are your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Kapolei, HI Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Warehouse Supervisor will have primary responsibility to oversee the day-to-day operations of coordinating the efficient operations of the warehouse. This includes the maintenance and appearance of the facility, the freight forwarding off-loading / re-loading of containers, day-to-day storage operation and local warehousing.
In This Role, You Will:
- Oversee dock and warehouse personnel. Plan start and end time to produce an efficient and productive work crew for each day.
- Learn and understand the cost of running the warehouse, equipment, labor and property.
- Keep warehouse in compliance with all State and Federal Agencies.
- Supervise dockworkers and forklift operators to insure work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Keep inventory of supplies for the warehouse at an optimum operating level.
- Communicate with office and dispatch personnel regarding any discrepancies in off-load of shipments, OS&D.
- Document incidents with camera and written reports.
- Security of the property and warehouse. Monitor doors, perimeter, alarm system, fire sprinkler system etc.
- Training of employees in new policies and procedures as they become implemented.
- Observe, oversee and create new and cost saving ideas to streamline warehouse and forklift operations.
- Responsible for company property, hammer, shoves, crowbars, etc., be sure they do not disappear.
- Use computer system to aid in enhancing off-loading performance by e-mail, communication with RHEX/SFS.
- Be able to monitor employee production, quantity as well as quality. Develop a method to quantitatively rank and rate the employee's output.
- Be able to discipline employees on a fair and impartial basis, create a fair hard working atmosphere.
- Handle special assignments per request by management.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining our safety programs with staff as well as monthly safety training.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Forklift certification
- Hazardous Material certification
This is an in-office role based in Kapolei, HI
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kapolei, HI, USA