Director, Product Integrated Marine Logistics
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Director, Product Integrated Marine Logistics!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey) is a global logistics provider Our adaptive approach to solving modern logistics challenges differentiates us in the markets we serve. Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s specialized multimodal expertise is the strategic foundation that provides clients with a full-service offering across our four operating divisions including intermodal, freight forwarding, transport & warehousing, and managed services.
Odyssey’s multimodal services offer cost-effective, end-to-end freight solutions equipped to deliver on evolving customer requirements. Combined, Odyssey delivers innovative, high-value logistics services & technology solutions to support diverse customer requirements. In addition to being certified by the American Chemistry Council as a Responsible Care® partner company we consistently exceed customer expectations by integrating analytics, carrier relationships, specialized assets, sustainability strategies and deep international expertise. Our unique approach ensures that customer shipments keep moving at full speed, even in the face of ever-changing market headwinds.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Product Director, Integrated Marine Logistics drives the identification, requirement gathering, selection and implementation of a product suite to support a growing freight forwarding logistics division. The leader is responsible for creating strong working relationships & influence across executive leadership, product management, engineering, and other functional groups to execute the product strategy across the businesses, partners, and customers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Drive vision & strategy, roadmap, and product lifecycle for the Freight Forwarding division’s product footprint
- Work cross functionally across engineering, marketing, sales, internal and external customers, and senior management teams to formulate and execute the strategy
- Leverage data and analytics to validate trends and opportunities created with new products
- Translate complicated customer & business process requirements into defined configurations to reduce customizations and support scalable growth
- Proactively drive portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, address technical debt and provide long-term enterprise differentiation
- Develop training and roll out plans to ensure high adoption of new products
- Mentor and assist team members on defining work efforts to hand over to the engineering teams
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities to identify new opportunities for Odyssey Logistics
- Build scalable solutions that minimize technical debt
- Collaborate with other product directors to ensure reuse of common solutions
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7-10 years of product management experience in the logistics industry. This includes working knowledge of Ports, Trucking, Drayage, and International Freight operations.
- 2-5 years managing product owners and/or product managers
- Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Grit and determination to deliver on time
Location: This is an in-office role based in Fullerton, CA with a hybrid schedule.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is $190,000 per year.
This position is eligible for potential bonuses of up to 20%
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $170,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $190,000.00
- Job Start Date Thursday, September 7, 2023
- 1901 Raymer Ave, Fullerton, CA 92833, USA