See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii (HOT & RPM) Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT) and RPM, subsidiaries of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), are your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Warehouse Lead will have primary responsibility for assisting in overseeing day-to-day operations at the Fullerton Terminal of Odyssey Hawaii. Monitoring, planning, organizing, and directing loading and unloading activities within the warehouse and yard. Perform shift dock check monitoring to ensure timely and safe movement of freight and equipment. Mentor, train, educate, and develop warehouse associates in loading and unloading techniques. Position routinely uses pallet jacks and forklifts in loading and unloading of freight including shipments of Hazardous Materials.
- Start times 3pm - 12:30am
- Monday through Friday
- Schedules are set by Supervisor.
- Weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
In This Role, You Will:
- Assist in managing labor hours
- Knowledge of safe lifting technique to load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky and or cumbersome freight
- Ability to secure or re-secure cargo by blocking, bracing, using dunnage and other methods
- Operating forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, to move, load, arrange, rearrange, and unload freight
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given orally or in writing, including those on manifests and other shipping documents
- Ability to perform work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules and customer commitments
- Ability to handle customers’ freight safely and efficiently, and communicating tactfully and diplomatically with those individuals with who the employee will be in contact as a company representative
- Read, Write, comprehend English. Communicate professionally with internal and external customers by phone and email.
- Possess math skills
- Able to complete task efficiently and timely
- Demonstrate ability to maintain good attendance
- Safe work record
- Obtain Projections for load planning
- Computer skills for tracking shipments, driver check in and dispatch assistance
- Coach and Train dock staff on proper loading techniques
- Phone & Nextel skill set
- Schedule meal periods
- Assign work detail to dock handlers and drivers
- Present Safety Topic Pre-Shift or Shift meetings
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to eighteen months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to create freight bills from customers bills of lading to aid with billing.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Hazardous Material – Company Certified
- Forklift – Company Certified
This is an in-office role based in Fullerton, CA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The pay for this role is: $20.00 to $27.65 per hour.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $27.65
- Fullerton, CA, USA