See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii (HOT & RPM) Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT) and RPM, subsidiaries of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), are your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Warehouse Associate will have primary responsibility of shipping and receiving of freight traveling to the Hawaiian Island, Far East, and Alaska.
In This Role, You Will:
- Follow all Safety procedures
- Follow all Company procedures
- Follow all Department procedures
- Receive freight by following all department and account procedures
- Receive freight in professional and prudent manner
- Write-up inspection reports for all compromised freight
- Take pictures of all compromise freight
- Cube-out and stage all income freight correctly
- Receive freight and complete document in a reasonable time
- Work with Supervisor and others in a professional and respectable manner
- Follow all loading safety procedures
- Follow container report loading procedure
- Follow all shipping procedures
- Check and inspect freight before loading
- Cube-out and utilize container to it fullness
- Work with others employees in a Team Concept
- Work with Supervisor and Co-Workers in any load decision in respectable manner
- Turn in a daily reports at the end of shift
- Complete loading task in time allowed
- Attend all daily start-up meetings
- Check forklifts daily
- Utilize the forklift to load and unload containers
- Give accurate information on department activity report
- Maintain a clean, debris-free work area
- Ability to use hand-held instrument for receiving and loading
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Forklift Certification
- Hazardous Handling Certification
This is an in-office role based in Fullerton, CA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The pay for this role is: $16.00 to $23.00 per hour/ year.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
- Fullerton, CA, USA