See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Crew Leader
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey International Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is a one-stop shop; a fully integrated, asset-light based company that provides a complete set of international freight forwarding services. Odyssey International Services delivers unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound from Asia through the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and East Coast, with flexibility, expedient customer service and the best value. We offer customized solutions and build partnerships with our customers to ensure their business needs are met. Our comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and regulations enables us to design tailored, cost effective end-to-end international transportation solutions.
Based in vibrant Fairbanks, AK Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Crew Leader will have primary responsibility to lead the crew per job assignment. This includes driver responsibilities to/from the job site, packing, unpacking, loading, pick-up and delivery of freight to various customer and company locations within the greater Fairbanks area.
- Start times may vary Monday through Friday
- Schedules are set by Supervisor.
- Weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
- Out-of-town work as necessary.
In This Role, You Will:
- Maintains a professional attitude with customer, coworkers, and motoring public.
- Strictly observes work schedules and specific delivery requirements set forth by Odyssey International Services Inc./ARS and their customers.
- Uses proper equipment for loading/unloading of freight to prevent damage to product or injury from strain, etc.
- Leader/Person in charge at job assignment to manage the crew, workload, communicate to dispatcher/office, and be the primary point of contact with the member and QC at the job site.
- Review job requirements, ensure packing materials are accounted for prior to going to the job for the day.
- Train/guide team members on the job, provide direction, goals to achieve, etc. to ensure that the job is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure clean up at job site at the end of the day, that all tools are returned to the OIS/ARS warehouse upon return to the office.
- Knowledgeable of TRANSCOM requirements, rules and regulations
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Able to complete appropriate paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory agency requirements.
- Able to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and the general public.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3411 Lathrop St, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA