Maintenance Planner - Day Shift
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for overall equipment reliability by use of planned maintenance using TPM methodology. The planner works closely with cross functional teams including production, and supports maintenance team, maintenance database and inventory systems. The maintenance planner is critical in ensuring proper resources, equipment, and parts are optimized to maintain the equipment reliability for best production. Assists in performing inventory cycle counting. Generates KPI reports as required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of production.
- Review incoming work request, estimate labor and time required. Kit the materials/parts and schedule resource needs prior to scheduling work.
- Assign preventative maintenance (PM) tasks to operators and maintenance technicians as needed.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to identify improvement opportunities in preventative maintenance systems and equipment.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to maintain accurate and updated technical documents, drawings, critical spares parts, and instructions/task lists.
- Maintain the CMMS operating systems, i.e., COGZ and TPMS.
- Data input, analysis and reporting the reliability and downtime root cause and corrective measures.
- Develop/maintain PM activities, track conformance to schedule and drive autonomous maintenance in the PM pillar for TPM.
- Work with the stock room to establish and maintain inventory standards and reorder points.
- Perform monthly cycle count inventories and reconcile against stock levels.
- Communicates maintenance problems with production and operations to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for establishing procedures for tracking all maintenance work orders. Generate work orders and work schedules for all maintenance shifts and prioritize them.
- Work with operations to understand production schedules and ensure PM scheduling coincides with production needs and that critical equipment is identified and prioritized properly.
- Work with operations, maintenance, and engineering to ensure that work requests are properly understood and scheduled to meet production’s needs.
- Provide data for the development of annual budget for the department.
- Responsible for ensuring storage, kitting and work areas are clean and organized.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in plant and equipment reliability.
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications, quality standards, FDA, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), safety, health, environmental and other regulations.
- Participate in the daily scheduled operations briefing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years related experience in managing or implementing a preventative maintenance program.
- Experience managing repair parts stock and inventory levels including cycle counts for inventory management.
- Experience using CMMS and ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- MS Excel.
- Associates Degree in inventory management/accounting or related field.
- Oracle experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, Six Sigma and/or TPM methodology.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal departments, stakeholders and supplier partners is key requirements.
- Capable of effectively managing information and communicating both internally and externally.
- Travel Expectations: Up to 5% for limited travel to various SunOpta locations for training, meetings, and other job-related functions.
- Location: This position will be at the SunOpta plant in Allentown, PA.
- Shift: This position is a Day Shift, Monday through Friday role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education High School
- Allentown Facility, 7108 Daniels Drive, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America