Senior Financial Analyst
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
As a key member of the Plant Leadership team, the Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) is responsible for providing day-to-day financial analysis and reporting for the Plant team and the HQ Finance team. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the internal control environment. The SFA is expected to acquire a detailed understanding of the plant’s operations and loss points and develop strong working relationships with both Plant and HQ team members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Prepare weekly and monthly analysis of actual costs versus target.
- Identify root causes of variances and lead or participate in efforts to reduce variances.
- Develop and improve analysis and reporting to support plant leadership in managing cost performance and drive cost reduction.
- Partner with other plant team members to identify, implement and measure cost reduction projects.
- Review and close manufacturing batches working closely with Operations and Logistics team to ensure that all batch transactions are accurately recorded.
- Capture and analyze data for weekly reporting on plant KPI’s.
- Provide explanations and insights to Plant Manager for communication during the weekly performance review with Senior Operations Leadership.
- Perform on-going analysis of inventory transactions and accuracy, ensure required approvals for all adjustments, partner with Logistics team to improve inventory accuracy and turns.
- Participate in physical inventory count process.
- Prepare journal entries, inventory reserve calculations, account analysis and reconciliation, and internal control documentation for the month end close process.
- Assist with preparation of periodic forecasts and the annual budget process.
- Participate in costing and manage all standard costing models and files.
- Maintain CAPEX budget and RCA processes.
- Manage internal and external audit processes.
- Maintain Internal control documentation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Finance/Cost Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of an accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) system (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP).
- Strong analytical skills along with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, problem solve and work with limited supervision.
- Deliver strong performance independently and as a member of multiple teams.
- Awareness of generally accepted accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel Expectation: Up to 5%
- Location: This position will be at our SunOpta Plant in Modesto, CA.
- Relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $125,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Modesto Facility, 555 Mariposa Road, Modesto, California, United States of America