CDL Truck Driver - nights
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
CDL Truck Driver is responsible for Driveing gasoline or diesel-powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver products, packaging materials or materials in liquid form by performing the following duties. Supports warehouse functions and participates in forklift operations when necessary.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Carries a CDL license with a tanker endorsement
- Complies with Good manufacturing practices.
- Forklift inspection prior to shift with accurate documentation
- Maintains communications within production team ensuring smooth shift transitions, etc.
- Drives truck to destinations.
- Inspects truck for defects per MN DOT/Federal Motor Carrier regulations.Maintains reports indication truck condition.
- Responsible for cleaning and general maintenance of vehicle.
- Assists workers in loading and unloading truck.
- Loads and unloads product in warehouse.
- Ensures accurate inventory and loading applications of product.
- Follows all plant safety rules.
- Reports all accidents to the Production Supervisor.
- Serves an active role in the plant safety program by participating in monthly safety inspections and reporting any potential safety hazards to the safety committee, Production Supervisor or Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
- Adheres to all Quality Assurance System guidelines
- Follows SOP’s on truck inspection for loading and unloading
- Responsible for compliance with the HACCP program
- Must adhere to and follow Good Manufacturing Practices ( GMP ’s)
- Responsible for accurate documentation
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Cooperates with other shifts and the management team in housekeeping endeavors
- Perform all warehouse Sanitation process with documentation
- Insures the effective shift communication and teamwork with the other operators occurs each scheduled shift
- Maintains effective communication with members of warehousing and palletizing
- Maintain communication with the Production Supervisor as well as Warehouse & Distribution Manager
Teamwork and Training
- Promotes and contributes to the development of teamwork among team members
- Assist in coaching and training employees as requested by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Continuous improvement of knowledge of the Aseptic filling process and all other areas in the plant
- Continuous improvement of knowledge of other company warehouses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with minimal amount of supervision
- Team player
- Able to evaluate a situation and make a good decision
- Able to keep operating logs and records
- Able to read manuals and problem solve
- Good past work history
- Good attendance
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to climb off and on forklift on a regular basis
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and at times more
- Package integrity
- Trouble shooting
- High School
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with forklifts
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of business, computer and math, preferred. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
- Travel Expectation between SunOpta plants and warehouses.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and / or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A 24/7 36/48 hour work week will be considered normal.Extra hours, off hours, and extra workdays may be required to accommodate new projects, product development, and other special situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally sit, lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Alex Minnesota St Facility, 3915 Minnesota Street, Alexandria, Minnesota, United States of America